• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Will later printings of the 4E core rulebooks contain all the errata being released?

Eyada

First Post
As stated in the thread title, I'm wondering whether later printings of the 4E core rulebooks will contain the errata being released (eg, the reworking of the Skill System DCs.).

I didn't really get into 3E until after it had already been out for a great deal of time, and I didn't really care about errata until recently, so I'm not familiar with Wizard's policies regarding this. Do they tend to work errata into their physical products quickly, slowly, or not at all?

Basically, if I go out and buy a set of the 4E core next week, should I expect it to contain the reworked Skill Challenge system? What if I wait 3 months to go buy a copy of the core rulebooks? A year? Or does it not make a difference?

Thanks for any help.

Jack99

Adventurer
If you go out next week, no it won't. The next printing will probably have it though. But no clue when that is due.

Weregrognard

First Post
Personally, I developed a distaste for the errata game with 3E. It's an OCD nightmare, really. I used to keep a nice folder with all the most current errata and highlighted parts of the books that had errata for them, but it got to be tiresome to keep up with after a while. In the end, I learned to not really worry about errata until something actually becomes an issue at the table.

My unsolicited advice: Don't let the errata issue hold you back form getting the books and playing if you really want to.

Ranger REG

Explorer
My unsolicited advice: Don't let the errata issue hold you back form getting the books and playing if you really want to.
As much as I really want to, my personal experience have taught me to wait until they come with a corrected Second or Third Printing of their rulebooks.

I'll let you devotees buy the First Printing and give errata feedback to WotC. So you First Printing owners better do your job that WotC's paid spellcheckers failed to find and quick. I want my Third Printing PHB soon. :devil:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads