Winter Ceramic DM™: THE WINNER!

Berandor

lunatic
I think a better custom title would be "curiously long" :)

Finally having vaught up after a few days' lag, all I can say that so far, I liked all stories, am glad I didn't have to alternate, and my favorites have won the rounds.
While I am a sucker for fairy tales done right, and was put off a little by the poem's missing meter, now the decision is way harder.
I just hope arwink doesn't feel motivated to write a Siala-length judgement :)

BSF

Explorer
mythago said:
I think "made the boards throw up" is a good reason to allow it as an attachment, if BardStephenFox has no objections.

Absolutely no objections from me. It would have been a monstrosity to post otherwise. Please judge us on respective merit.

guedo79

Explorer
That darn meter has bothered me from the start of writing the poem. I wasn't even going in that direction at first it just sort of happened.

I'm going to sit down and try and fix that this week. I know its far too late but I can't help but want to fix it now that I have time.

Sialia

First Post
Maldur said:
Stuck at work, I will read and judge tonight, but ....... damn that story is LOOOOONG!

patience my pretties!
Again, apologies.

I think it would be fair to describe it as the kind of thing that consumes its components in the casting, and requires the use of the spellcaster as the material component.

If I tried to write up anything about where that story came from, it would take longer than the story to tell.

alsih2o

First Post
guedo79 said:
That darn meter has bothered me from the start of writing the poem. I wasn't even going in that direction at first it just sort of happened.

I'm going to sit down and try and fix that this week. I know its far too late but I can't help but want to fix it now that I have time.

please do! reworking stories should have it's own thread and everything, i am thinking of redoing mine when the competition is over :)

BSF

Explorer
I would like to think there are abstract reflections of Clay and I in Sialia's story. It might be a bit egocentric, but I am a Leo. :)

As for reworking my story, I think I might like to revisit it at some point in the future.

EDIT: I'm not sure what I said the first time, but I rewrote it entirely.

Last edited:

Sialia

First Post
BardStephenFox said:
I would like to think there are abstract reflections of Clay and I in Sialia's story. . .
Yes, quite so.

Possibly a few other familiar voices or thoughts from around here as well.

It was a very hungry story.

Last edited:

Berandor

lunatic
I don't think you're claws are clumsy, Sialia! (Or was alsi2ho the dragon, former judge now trying her hand at art herself? Wouldn't mesh with the gender, but...) :)

Or the dragon was PirateCat, transforming into a woman to do real ar... wait! PirateCat's wife writes all his stories! It's a hidden message in the story, about a nefarious ghost-writing plot! Or is it? ;)

Berandor
amateur art critic

Last edited:

Remove ads