Winter Fantasy 2016 and D&D AL

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
Someone above mentioned Shadows of the Demon Lord

Are the games being running stand alone adventures ? (I know there are several out). Is there an organised play setup for Shadows of the Demond Lord.

Whilst I went in the kickstarter, Im not sure Im ever going to be able to play it locally.. nobody else has a clue what it is.

The SotDL adventures at WF are part of a four part series. You can play one or all, but they do go in story order so playing a later one in the series will need you to get a brief "what's happened before" from your GM. You can use pregens or make your own PC. I do not believe SotDL has an OP yet, though I know people have talked about one maybe in the future (no word one way or the other that I know of).

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
Thanks. I was a backer for the Kickstarter and finally got my hard copy of the book, but have zounds of pdfs they have sent me to read too. Thanks for the Information on SoTDL. Id like to play it but again, locally knowledge is nonexistant.

Alphastream

Adventurer
I look forward to seeing everyone there! (And do please introduce yourself by name, I'm horrible with names and I had to miss last year's con)

Motorskills

Explorer
I've been able to sign up for all the things I wanted (all the AVLs I am eligible for), and threw in for the four-in-a-row SOTDL as well.

Is any knowledge of the SOTDL game / ruleset required for play, do I need to buy anything in advance (rulebook, etc)?

The_Baldman

Explorer
They will fill you in on SotDL if needed and have pre-gens for the game ready to go. Rob, the author, will be there helping run things and selling the book itself (so if you have fun wander over, shake his hand, and buy one).

Motorskills

Explorer
Hi Dave, all,

I've been fortunate enough to finish my job a bit early, so I'll be there in time for Slot 1. I tried to add a purchase for that, but the system didn't seem interested in taking my money.

I'm interested in DDEX 3-11 / 3-13 for Slot 1 and DDAO 6 as a "replacement" for Slot 3. Can you advise if tickets for those are still available?

Unless you advise otherwise, I'll buy those tickets when I sign in. (When do the doors open on the Wednesday?)

Looking forward to the event!

Remove ads