Winter Fantasy 2016 and D&D AL

Alphastream

Adventurer
Dave is probably pretty busy right now (setting up, etc.), but usually they have a great team and a few extra judges who can help with tickets and finding a table. I myself didn't land a ticket I wanted for slot 1, so I'll also be going to the ticket area and swapping a ticket or waiting to see what becomes available. Stay flexible, as sometimes the first slot has fewer judges who can judge a particular adventure.

Teaser: Gur fortuneteller Sybil Rasia has been seen traveling with Merchant Fai Chen. Rumors say she is willing tell your fortune... for a price. Those that accept often find their lives changed forever.

Motorskills

Explorer
Dave is probably pretty busy right now (setting up, etc.), but usually they have a great team and a few extra judges who can help with tickets and finding a table. I myself didn't land a ticket I wanted for slot 1, so I'll also be going to the ticket area and swapping a ticket or waiting to see what becomes available. Stay flexible, as sometimes the first slot has fewer judges who can judge a particular adventure.

Thanks Alpha, might see you there!

What time do the doors typically open?

Motorskills

Explorer
The Epic was suitably epic!

Our DM was fantastic, my fellow players and I all gelled instantly.

I was on one of only two T1 tables. Considering there were more than twenty tables, this imbalance with T2/T3 lead to some interesting effects on our table, where I was nominated as IC group captain.

It was my first epic, so I probably could have organized the resulting avalanche of help a bit better, but it was hella fun regardless.

By the end of it we had a quite a collection of followers, the results of boons and whatnot.

I'll miss my pixie army. :D

Of course it all ended in tears (of laughter), as we managed to:

a) blow up the "Vital Intelligence". My PC argued that it was more likely to be "Vaguely Important Information", but I suspect a bunch of T2 tables probably disagreed....

b) hand over the Serious Stake of Serious Vampire Staking to the vampire in question... *

*(it was a crazy series of mishaps. The refs and the Campaign Manager initially had that WTF look on their faces, but quickly came up with something for the PC in question. :D ).

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
I got home from Winter Fantasy very early this AM and am still catching up on lost sleep. Between naps, I want to thank BMG for hosting the event.

More comments forthcoming when I can think straight again.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
The Epic was suitably epic!
I was on one of only two T1 tables.
I was on the other! We should co-author a thread and compare notes. (And we should check with AL for spoilers issues, I suppose.)
I miss the infinite horde of minions / allies, too.

Motorskills

Explorer
My only major shakefist comment for BMG was that they crammed the 5e tables together (making it very hard to hear your DM a lot of the time), while not using big chunks of the hall......

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
Yeah , quite a few people have been posting Facebook pics and Im seeing large tracts of Carpeted area which could of been used to spread the tables out. Thats something attendees should really give feedback on though (if there were feedback forms)

Remove ads