• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Witch Girls Adventures

JustKim

First Post
How have the playtest groups responded to the rules? When you run at cons/meetings do the players use pregens, and how much of the rules do they need to know when they're not running the game?

Channelm

First Post
How have the playtest groups responded to the rules? When you run at cons/meetings do the players use pregens, and how much of the rules do they need to know when they're not running the game?

Playtesting has been overwhemingly positive. Most of the time its the players first time doing a table top RPG and the hardest part is explaing its not a video game, lol

At Playtests we have people make characters to show how quick it is. Most of the time it takes less than 15 minutes for everyione leaving lots of game time. We wanted the game to be something one could pull out at a slumber party get everyone characters made and eveyone playing in under 30 minutes under the worse conditions.

When not running the games you just need to know how to plasy your chracter and make their rolls. And since spells are free form you need to have sme good ideas for spells (Or at least know some opf the sample spells from the book your character can cast)

Sopeaking of for people who have gamed in the past our spell system is the hardest thing for them to grasp as there are no "set spells". The book has samples and guidelines. People new to RPG's tend to like the idea of making up spells as you go and you get some really cool ones that are both fun and frightening.

Channelm

First Post
Heh. I was just thinking about buying your game and running a Charmed scenario at the next Chicago Game Day. It would fit well with the ongoing Supernatural events that I have played.

Hey Please do. LOL My opinion on Charmed is just my opinion.

Speaking of adapting Witch Girls. We've run a lot of Harry Potter Games with the rules for Comic Store Harry Potter events.

dm4hire

Explorer
The books on the site will be mailed as soon as we get books from the printers (End of this week or next week). Though I would love to sell you two books to you I want to state upfront and honestly there isn't really a reason to buy the wicked and standard. The rules are the same, the tone , art and beginning comic is just different.

Also the Wicked version can only be purchased directly from us. Also if you want signed copies email us and I'll make sure yours gets sighed.

Sounds good to me. I'll probably order end of week when I get paid. I'm going to get both; standard for my niece and then get the wicked to add to my collection.

If you do make a boy's version I'd love to pick it up as my nephew would probably get into it. Right now he's at the age where anything aimed for girls just isn't cool in his book; no matter what it might be like.

Channelm

First Post
Sounds good to me. I'll probably order end of week when I get paid. I'm going to get both; standard for my niece and then get the wicked to add to my collection.

If you do make a boy's version I'd love to pick it up as my nephew would probably get into it. Right now he's at the age where anything aimed for girls just isn't cool in his book; no matter what it might be like.

It'll be about a year but the "Otherkin" book is coming.

Dice4Hire

First Post
Why do we need a game specifically marketing to girls? Math is too hard?

This just seems a very... self-serving sort of game. I have no issue with a setting or developing something for a market... but it just seems kind of condescending to say that a game should be made specifically for girls.

Hell, plenty of interesting easy-to-learn games for kids... and some real great ones (like Little Fears) which could be used with kids pretty readily.

Slainte,

-Loonook.

Why not target girls, or women, or females? It is smart marketing and makes good business sense to target undervalued parts of the market. If this game sells well and gows that market, it cannot help but be a benefit for gaming as a whole.

Is Candlyand self-serving? It is aimed at very young children, who then move up to otehr games like monopoply (with a few steps in between) Makes sense to develop your market.

Don Ventresca

First Post
I don't think that RPG's are based to boys very much, in my groups, there is a typical 2:3 ratio of boys to girls... (or 1:1) But those are just my groups.

pawsplay

Hero
I had the opportunity to participate in one of Malcolm's playtests. Magical girls aren't normally my thing, but I nonetheless enjoyed myself. Really, there aren't a lot of opportunities in the gaming world to express your inner Kiki, so as a change of pace, it's hard to beat. It reminded me a little of Teenagers From Outer Space as far as the traits.

Wepwawet

Explorer
... the section on broom flying is under 6 pages....
this made me laugh! :D

4. (...) and A cult trying to wake up the mother of monsters (Society of Echidna).
Awwwhhh That's cute :)
The mother of monsters is a giant echidna? A bit spiky, but cute.

The free-form spell idea is great. I once was kinda introducing D&D to a girl, she wanted to play a wizard and right away started saying what kind of spells she wanted. It was a big turn off when she saw there was a fixed list of spells.

A couple years ago I used to see the Witch magazine on the kiosk of a café i used to go to and i always felt curious about it. It used to come with "magic" bracelets and pendants and all that. Of course as a grown man I never bought it to check it out :p

BTW, I'm talking about W.I.T.C.H., apparently (just checked wikipedia)

Is it related to your RPG?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads