Wizardru's Story Hour (updated 11/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordVyreth

First Post
WizarDru said:
For those who are keeping count: Xetich was the weakest of the three.

Dude, ouch. Way to kick a guy when he's down. :)

In my justification, Xetich was only a CR 23 when I made her. Yes, her; apparently she had a gender change somewhere in those last few levels. I'm actually curious about what you did to advance her, besides the force cage itself. Any chance you can post the new stats here or in the other thread?

As for the other Hrdad, I can't help you. I only made this one, so unless he really changed some of my other ideas, I'm as in the dark as you are.

Overall, my original intention for Xetich was a more "assassin" style fighter. That is, wait for the enemy to be totally unaware or distracted by other enemies, use her invisibility and haste spell-like-abilities, then dire charge (an epic level feat that lets you get in a full attack after charging,) and wail on somebody.

WizarDru

Adventurer
LordVyreth said:
In my justification, Xetich was only a CR 23 when I made her. Yes, her; apparently she had a gender change somewhere in those last few levels. I'm actually curious about what you did to advance her, besides the force cage itself. Any chance you can post the new stats here or in the other thread?

Actually, the point was made several times about gender, but the party really didn't see the 'her', just the 'it'. The other Hr'dad are prepared, and have been for some time.

LordVyreth said:
Overall, my original intention for Xetich was a more "assassin" style fighter. That is, wait for the enemy to be totally unaware or distracted by other enemies, use her invisibility and haste spell-like-abilities, then dire charge (an epic level feat that lets you get in a full attack after charging,) and wail on somebody.

The problem, unfortunately, is that those tactics don't really work terribly well against the meepites. The meepites came out of nowhere, and dire charging into combat would merely have gotten her killed very quickly against them. Invisibility is virtually a non-spell at this point, with half the party permanently mind-blanked and true sighted.

Xetich was slightly advanced from what you created, with about 5 extra hit dice, and the Force Cage spell-like ability. With Dravot banishing her support left and right, the demon force collapsed very quickly. It is unlikely this strategem will work twice.

the Jester

Legend
The real problem with Dire Charge is that it only works in the first round of combat. :\ Which I discovered to my chagrin with an epic level bad guy of my own.

dravot

First Post
WizarDru said:
Xetich was slightly advanced from what you created, with about 5 extra hit dice, and the Force Cage spell-like ability. With Dravot banishing her support left and right, the demon force collapsed very quickly. It is unlikely this strategem will work twice.
I was unsure as to how powerful the support force was, so I figured it was better to just get rid of them. If nothing else, they'd nickel-and-dime us to death.

I still giggle at the thought of the Nalfeshnees, paralyzed, blind and deaf back on the Abyss. :cool:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
JEEZE! I get an inner ear infection and can't stand let alone drive and they kill me over and over.... :\

Great read Zad. I liked the Celestial Tuna. For a few moments there I was "Chicken of the Ce-lestials." :p

Zad

First Post
Now let's be fair. *We* only killed you once. The rest of the time, it was someone else's fault.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

LordVyreth

First Post
So what went on this weekend? Did you play this game, Dravot's, another one entirely, or just nothing went on due to the holidays or other complications?

dravot

First Post
LordVyreth said:
So what went on this weekend? Did you play this game, Dravot's, another one entirely, or just nothing went on due to the holidays or other complications?
Holidaze madness. Some people went to game night at WizarDru's and others (like me) did other festivities.

Blacklamb

First Post
Argent Silvermage said:
JEEZE! I get an inner ear infection and can't stand let alone drive and they kill me over and over.... :\

Great read Zad. I liked the Celestial Tuna. For a few moments there I was "Chicken of the Ce-lestials." :p

BEAUTIFUL!
Pun are natures cure for rainy days!

Zad

First Post
We've actually managed to do some planning in advance this month. So good news is we know when the next game is. Bad news is it's not til 12/16. (We'll be doing one night each of the Barakus and Eberron campaigns over the next two weeks tho.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads