Wizards In Winter - High-Level Thread (DM: Son of Meepo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Son of Meepo

First Post
Free: Save vs Dominated (1d20=5)
Free: Save vs Dominated from AP (1d20+2=15)
Free: Spend second wind, recovering 11hp. gain +2 all defenses

Free: Acrobatics (1d20+2=17)

Standard: Hand of Radiance vs Ref (Aboleth 1; air elemental; Aboleth 2) 17 (hit), 15(miss), 17(hit)
Hand of Radiance radiant damage (1d4+7=8)[/sblock]

NOTE TO ALL: Cyr has superior will so gets the save against such mental states at the start of his turn

GM: I'm a bit confused by the turn. As far as I know this is the first opportunity Cyr has had for Cast Fortune to affect him. Cyr was granted 1 save by Tarkus (he only grants the save if he hits with the attacK), but you would have rolled a 5, failing the roll and consuming the first roll from Cast Fortune. At the start of your turn you would have made a save against being dazed and an Acrobatics check, those rolls would have used up the 3 and the last 5 from Cast Fortune, but both rolls would have failed.

GM: I'm a bit confused by the turn. As far as I know this is the first opportunity Cyr has had for Cast Fortune to affect him. Cyr was granted 1 save by Tarkus (he only grants the save if he hits with the attacK), but you would have rolled a 5, failing the roll and consuming the first roll from Cast Fortune. At the start of your turn you would have made a save against being dazed and an Acrobatics check, those rolls would have used up the 3 and the last 5 from Cast Fortune, but both rolls would have failed.

OOC: Yeah, I totally spaced on Cast Fortune affecting saves...I used it for the attacks.
So, first granted save (Tarkus AP = 5 FAIL; Tarkus uses his holy symbol to grant another at +2 3+2 = 5 FAIL))
At the start of the turn Acrobatics = 5 FAIL

REDOING THE ACTIONS ABOVE
removed 8 damage from both aboleths
put cyr in new location with Standard action as aboleth decides
(slide 1d8 = 6 (1 being north and going clockwise)
added prone to cyr status
added 5 damage to him due to being dazed in the aura

EDIT: [MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION]: DONE

EDIT EDIT: may I retroactively use Miraculous Fortune reducing Air elemental damage by 5 and granting Martelai +1 to hit TENT so he hits the aboleth?

EDIT EDIT EDIT :D : what kind of knowledge checks would be required to learn about abishai and/or elemental (I'm assuming aboleths are aberrations (dungeoneering) right?)

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: EDIT EDIT: may I retroactively use Miraculous Fortune reducing Air elemental damage by 5 and granting Martelai +1 to hit TENT so he hits the aboleth?

EDIT EDIT EDIT :D : what kind of knowledge checks would be required to learn about abishai and/or elemental (I'm assuming aboleths are aberrations (dungeoneering) right?)

GM: Yes, you may use Miraculous Fortune. It's an interrupt, so it goes off before you are dazed.

Elementals are well... elemental, so arcana for it.
Abishai are immortals so you use religion.
Aboleths are abberant, so dungeoneering is used.

Darksteed

First Post
[sblock=Immediate Reaction]Immediate Reaction: Infuriating Taunt
-Trigger: An enemy within 5 squares of Kauldron misses him with an attack.
-Target: Close burst 5; The triggering enemy in the burst. Aboleth 2 (J16).
-Effect: Until the end of the encounter, the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls (including against Kauldron) until it hits Kauldron with an attack.[/sblock]

Oi! Ye bag of slime. Ya missed. Try again.

*Kauldron taunts the Aboleth. Right before the ship turns heavily and Kauldron goes for a spill. Slamming into Tarkus along the way.*

Sorry lad. Hope your alright there.

*Kauldron states to Tarkus as he rolls over. He pinches a sling bullet in his hand then fires it off with his thumb at the first Aboleth. It zips past at blinding speeds, though totally off in the wrong direction.*

Hmm I can see this new toy will take some time to get used to.

*He slides upon his rear further towards the front of the ship.*

[sblock=Actions]Start of Turn: Acrobatics DC 16; 6; Fail.
-Effect: Kauldron is Slid to M13, and is knocked prone.

Minor: Call to Challenge.
-Target: Close Burst 3 (Aboleth 1 (J12)/Aboleth 2 (J16))
-Effect: Each target is subject to Kauldron's divine sanction until the end [/COLOR]of his next turn.
-Divine Sanction: Creatures are Marked taking a -2 penalty to attack rolls if they target another character other then Kauldron. As well as take 8 RADIANT damage if they target another character other then Kauldron.

Standard: Giantkind Gloves
-Target: Aboleth 1 (J12)
-Attack: +8 vs. AC (Miss; 9; Natural 1)

Move: Crawl to N12.[/sblock]

[sblock=Kauldron]Kauldron- Male Goblin Paladin 8
Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14

Normal
AC: 30 (Bloodied 29), Fort: 26, Ref: 23, Will: 24

Attacks 6 or More Squares Away from Kauldron
AC: 31, Fort: 28, Ref: 25, Will: 26

Resistances: Fire 5, Lightning 5, Ongoing Damage 3

Saving Throws: If Kauldron is dazed or stunned, Kauldron can make a saving throw at the start of his turn to end that effect, even if the effect doesn’t normally end on a save.

Initiative: +6
Speed: 5

HP: 62/71, Temp HP: 0
Bloodied: 35, Surge Value: 17, Surges left: 12/12

Powers-
Divine Challenge
Enfeebling Strike
Goblin Tactics
Virtuous Strike

Action Point (Demonskin Tattoo) [X]
Blade of Light [ ]
Call to Challenge [ ]
Channel Divinity [ ]
Giantkind Gloves [ ]
Infuriating Taunt [ ]
Javelin [ ] [ ]
Running Slash [ ]
Second Wind [ ]
Strength from Valor [ ]
Student of the Sword [ ]
Valorous Smite [X]

Gift of Fire [ ]
Hallowed Circle [ ]
Lay on Hands [ ]
Majestic Halo [ ]
Potion of Healing [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Symbol of Brawn [ ]
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Well at least I'm getting all these natural 1's out of the way. Ha![/sblock]

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
Try as he might, the others cannot help Cyr shake the aboleth's mind control. It beckons him... *COME TO ME! COME!* Cyr stands up and turns towards the side of the ship but then comes to his senses realizing that he would be leaping towards his death.

[sblock=Cyr]Dominated Action: Stand Up[/sblock]

The remaining crew weathers the storm and works to stabilize the sails. The manage to cut one at the middle mast but the other still blow in the gale.

GM: The DC for the start of turn Acrobatics is reduced by 2 to 14/10

The air elemental fades from view for a moment before the winds pick up, pelting Martelai and Earth.

[sblock=Air Elemental]Start of Turn: Phantom on the Wind - The air elemental becomes invisible whenever it starts its turn without an enemy adjacent to it. The invisibility lasts until the end of its next turn or until it attacks.

Standard: Rampant Storm - Close blast 3 (O14:Q16 - Elevation 2:4)
Targets (Martelai, Earth)
Attack: Close blast 3 (enemies in the blast); +13 vs. Reflex
Hit: 3d8 + 5 damage, and the target is dazed until the end of the air elemental’s next turn if it could not see the elemental before the attack.
Damage;Attacks (Martelai, Earth) (3d8+5=23, 1d20+13=21, 1d20+13+2=21) (HIT, HIT)
[/sblock]

The abishai continue to rain thunderous blasts down upon the ship. As Tarkus is nearly dropped by the blast, the rush of adrenaline clears his head and he is just barely able to avoid the brunt of the other two. His wounds are great however.

[sblock=Storm Abishai]Standard: Thunderbolt
Area burst 2 within 10; +10 vs Reflex; 2d6+5 thunder damage.
Abishai 1 centers on N15 at Elevation 2 (Targets Tarkus, Martelai, Earth, Brenwar)
Abishai 2 centers on N15 at Elevation 2 (Targets Tarkus, Martelai, Earth, Brenwar)
Abishai 3 centers on N11 at Elevation 2 (Targets Dox, Kauldron, Tarkus)

Abishai 1 - Damage;Tarkus, Martelai, Earth, Brenwar (2d6+5=15, 1d20+10=21, 1d20+10+2=31, 1d20+10+2=14, 1d20+10=19) (HIT, HIT, MISS, HIT)

Abishai 2 - Damage;Tarkus, Martelai, Earth, Brenwar (2d6+5=9, 1d20+10=13, 1d20+10+2=14, 1d20+10+2=28, 1d20+10=24) (MISS, MISS, HIT, HIT)

Abishai 3 - Damage;Dox, Kauldron, Tarkus (2d6+5=9, 1d20+10=21, 1d20+10=29, 1d20+10=13) (HIT, HIT, MISS)

Move: Indicated on Map[/sblock]

One aboleth has taken enough punishment and decides to flee while it still can. The other takes aim at Kauldron, dazing him with a thrust of psychic energy.

[sblock=Aboleths]Aboleth 1
Start of Turn: 5 fire damage
Double Move: Below the waves
Saving Throw: saving throw (1d20=5) (FAIL)

Aboleth 2

Start of Turn: 5 fire damage
Standard: Mental Lance (Kauldron)
Attack: Ranged 5 (one or two creatures); +10 vs. Will
Hit: 1d6 + 3 psychic damage, and the target is dazed until the end of its next turn.
Mental Lance (Damage, Kauldron) (1d6+3=9, 1d20+10-2-2=24) (HIT)

Minor: Enslave Open Mind
Attack: Ranged 5 (one dazed creature); +10 vs. Will (Cyr)
Hit: The target is dominated (save ends).
Enslave Open Mind (Kauldron) (1d20+10-2=20) (MISS)[/sblock]

GM: Turn Summary

Air Elemental hits Martelai and Earth dealing 23 damage and dazing each for a turn.
Abishai 1 hits Tarkus, Martelai, and Brenwar for 15 thunder damage.
Abishai 2 hits Earth and Brenwar for 9 thunder damage.
Abishai 3 hits Dox and Kauldron for 9 thudner damage.
Aboleth 1 retreats.
Aboleth 2 hits Kauldron for 9 psychic damage and he is dazed for a turn.

Remember that if you start your turn within 5 squares of the aboleth and are dazed, you take 5 psychic damage.

Map

Rapida

First Post
OOC:
[MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION] I think you forgot to reduce the second bit of damage by 4 (since I spent a surge).

Darksteed

First Post
OOC: Well...hmmm...My plan of stalling Aboleth 2 with tons of penalties and Kauldron's high Will didn't work at all. Thanks Dice Roller!

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Martelai shakes his head as the winds buffet him and he looses his balance sliding toward water. He takes a deep breath recovering from the attack and hoping short rest and the distance from his allies will give him a moment without attacks.

[sblock=Actions]
Free: Acrobatics (1d20+4=7) slid 2 and prone
Free: Direction (1 is north, going clockwise) (1d8=2)

Standard: Second Wind - recover 15 hp and gain +2 to all defenses

NOTE TO PLAYERS: Skull Mask: enemies who can see Martelai take -2 to saving throws vs Fear effects
[MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION], you didn't roll saving throw for aboleth 2 to save from ongoing...and tell me if aboleth 1 drops even while retreating...and if he does, slide aboleth 2 next to the ship (rod of avernus property)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads