• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wizards In Winter - Low-Level Thread (DM: Son of Meepo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
Ilex steps forward drawing her hood back far enough to reveal her face and hair but still keep the moonwisp covered. "My name is Ilex Cassine, I am the guardian of my Holly Tree back in San Olive Grove. This is my Companion Noctua Ursus, and my friend Luna." Ilex pats the owl bear affectionately as Luna emerges from Ilex's hood, tinkles a hello to Elvidra and snugs herself back in the warmth of the cloak. "It appears perhaps the Bearer of Winter's Wrath has gotten upset or power hungry and taken control of the island. May we be of assistance to help bring order back to your home? " It is obvious that Ilex offers only Noctua, Luna and her self to help and will allow the others to choose to offer aid by their own choice.

WEContact

First Post
OOC: I suppose if we have enough time somebody can hit me up with an out of combat Word to top of my hp from 29 to 33.

"Caim. Thank you. Back there." he said, gesturing towards the barbarian at his feet. "I am gwateful. I will wetuwn the favor when I can, eh?"
"It was nothing," Caim says evenly, waving away the notion of a debt to be repaid.

They join Merri at the edge of the village, and Caim scrutinizes the native. She casts Ilex a sidelong glance, and then shakes her head at the two fey. Typical. "We ought to get down to business- time is short. My name is Caim. We are one of two groups of mercenaries sent from Daunton to recover two shipments, bound from here, of supplies for the Solstice celebrations. What can you tell us about this magical cold, this unnatural storm, or the shipments?"

Pliantreality

First Post
Nalkyr remained silent at the sight of the other fey. She seemed like a Sumemr fey, which the young eladrin appreciated at the very least. His own father had pledged himself to Summer Court. Nalkyr was not one for fey politics, but if he had to come down somewhere, it wasn't going to be with the Winter Court.

They were - though the play on words made him cringe - too icy for his taste.

The young eladrin tugged his cloak tighter around him with one hand, resting the other on his belt.

He wasn't incurious. Nalkyr was an eladrin. Having a generalized sense of curiosity came with the territory, racially speaking. One couldn't, after all, pretend to know it all if one hadn't attempted, at least, to know it all.

Still, there was an urgency to their endeavor that Nalkyr could appreciate. Caim's bluntness - she was nothing if not artfully artless, socially speaking - was probably a good thing.

Son of Meepo

First Post
"Well it's certain that my sister is behind all of this. The tigerclaw tribe are her people and winter is her specialty. I think most of what you seek is right here, buried under the ice. I've finally devised a ritual to reverse Elciri's curse, but it was much to dangerous to try a ritual with a bunch of barbarians around. Besides, I still have the ritual components to gather and that's not going to be so easy either. I just don't know if I'll be able to save the village from Elciri's magic on my own."

The young woman shed a tear that quickly freezes on her cheek."

Last edited:

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
Ilex asked Elvidra a bunch of questions in near rapid fire. "What has set off your sister to change her countenance so?What components do we need to gather and where might we find them? Will you need assistance with the ritual itself? Perhaps I could help with that."

Son of Meepo

First Post
Elvidra seems to be taken aback by the offer of assistance.

"Well I... My sister..."

Elvidra shakes her head.

"Never mind about her right now. We need to deal with her curse. If you could gather the components I would be ever so grateful. We will need three things."

"The Heart of Stone near a mineral crystal that only grows at the summit of the Cragwall, a chain of tightly packed peaks. The crystal will be pale red in color. It's said to be rare now, having been mined for many years from those peaks. No one has bothered to go in many years and the folk here even say it is haunted."

"The Heart of Ice that would grow within a cavern beneath the Snowy Hills, fed above from the overflow of Crystal Lake and below by a natural spring. Where it converges and freezes into the purest ice in all the island."

"The Heart of Wood a sprig of mistletoe that grows from the tallest tree in Spring Grove, the place where Elciri and I mark the passing of seasons... or at least where we used to."

With that painful memory, Elvidra falls apart into earnest sobs of despair.

[sblock=quests]
GM: Minor Quest
Retrieve the Heart of Earth.

Retrieve the Heart of Ice.

Retrieve the Heart of Wood.
[/sblock]

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
Ilex gently touches the shoulder of the sobbing woman, inviting an embrace if it is wanted. Quietly she asks,"Are all these places on the island? Can you provide a map or directions to these places?"

Someone

Adventurer
The small fairy offers the sobbing woman a piece of cloth so she can blow he nose or wipe her tears.

Of couse he's put there first some of the powered pepper he brought from the tavern.

WEContact

First Post
Ilex gently touches the shoulder of the sobbing woman, inviting an embrace if it is wanted. Quietly she asks,"Are all these places on the island? Can you provide a map or directions to these places?"
Caim favors the dryad with a smile, and mentally bumps Ilex up a few notches on her private evaluation scale. She had combined exactly the right gesture with exactly the right questions.

Remove ads