Wizards In Winter - Low-Level Thread (DM: Son of Meepo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

pathfinderq1

First Post
During the entire interaction with the woman in the village, Lenyara said not one word- as the others discussed the situation and made plans, she kept her attention outwards, focused on the world around them, as if she expected more barbarians to appear at any moment.

Once they moved out into the forest, she made her way to the front of the group. As soon as they left the woman in her grove, Lenyara uttered a gruff statement. "I'll take the lead now." As she finished speaking, she stepped forward into the trees- and in mid step her form blurred and shifted, from that of a human into a dusty-pelted lioness. Without another word she moved ahead, almost too quickly to follow. She kept moving ahead, then back to join the group, then ahead once more.

And as the group came into sight of the grove, the lioness stepped back to stand beside Ilex, on the side opposite Noctua- so that it appeared as if the witch had two animal companions...

OOC: Using Body of the (Wolf) Lioness to change into lioness form, and switching Aspect back to Soaring Hawk. For the trip, she now has Perception +9 and Speed 9.

Last edited:

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
And as the group came into sight of the grove, the lioness stepped back to stand beside Ilex, on the side opposite Noctua- so that it appeared as if the witch had two animal companions...

Ilex gazed down at Lenyara for a moment and realizing the what Lenyara meant patted Lenyara's shoulder in a gesture that would indicate that as a companion the lioness had done her job well.

To the Eladrin woman Ilex introduces herself and her companions. "Good day! I am Ilex Cassine, these are my companions Noctua and Lenyara." Luna is happy enough to keep out of sight for the moment in Ilex hood. Ilex will now indicate the entourage with her, "My traveling companions and I are on a quest given us by Elvidra, The Keeper of Summer's Warm Embrace. We are searching for the Heart of Wood. She told us it is a sprig of mistletoe that grows from the tallest tree in Spring Grove. Would you be able to help us retreive this sprig? Is this grand tree of yours the one we seek?" Ilex thinks to herself we should have asked what type of tree the mistletoe is on. She will have to scold herself later for her lack of timely thought.

Ilex will watch the reactions of the Eladrin Women to their arrival and her introduction and will also glance at the tree when she speaks of it to check for the mistletoe.

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
Merri is impressed with Ilex's composure and quiet confidence. She tries to observe any patterns in the grove for which she would be familiar.

[sblock=nature 10] 1d20+6 → [4,6] = (10) Roll Lookup [/sblock]

OOC: Remember all allies within 5 squares gain a +2 to diplomacy and intimidate rolls due to her Ardent Mantle

Last edited:

Medina

Explorer
Marrgash listens to Ilex's words, finding little fault, "It is a pleasure to meet you," he says to the Eladrin. "I am Marrgash. What's your name? What is it you do here?" he asks, hoping to ease the conversation.

OOC: Diplomacy roll including Merri's bonus and Words of Friendship

Son of Meepo

First Post
The eladrin smiles pleasantly at the introductions.

"I am Adnaisia, and my job is to simply tend to this grove. As one of the sacred sites of Solstice, it's of utmost importance that it be constantly maintained. So I hope you don't mind if I ask that you not all trample through it at once."

Adnaisia looks over the group once more. She then looks directly at Ilex.

"I fell a kinship with you. The sort of thing that transcends place and generations. If you and your companions would like, you are welcome to enter the grove and take what you seek from this ancient tree."

WEContact

First Post
OOC:
Joining the group as Margash is healing Noctua, Ilex learns that she provides more than just food and shelter for her companion. She feels a tug pulling on her life energy and allows it to go, greatful that she too was not hurt in the fight.
I was reading the Fey Beast Tamer rules, and I realized that you only have to spend a surge to re-summon your companion of it drops below 1 hp. If it doesn't, then it auto-heals without spending surges during your short rest. If Noctua took less than 12 damage last fight, you don't need to spend any surges.

Caim looks at Ilex. "Go," she says quietly. "We'll keep our eyes outward, and make sure nothing hostile interrupts you. This was too easy, it worries me." To others she barks, "Hear that? Fan out, eyes on the woods. Nothing approaches the grove without our knowing." Her tone softens again, and she says, "Ilex, can you spare Lenyara? She's a wonderful scout, as you know."

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
GM: Feel free to place yourself on the MAP. Everyone except for Ilex and her companions (Lenyara is included as one of her companions for this purpose.) should remain outside the ring of overgrowth surrounding the clearing unless you are choosing to ignore Adnaisia's request.

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: Placed myself on the map. Notice that beign on a tree trunk square doesn't mean I'm a dryad; I'm supposed to be on the tree - I chose this option because it's closest to the actions I posted on post #116

Remove ads