Wizards In Winter - Low-Level Thread (DM: Son of Meepo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
Ilex turnes to Lenyara and Noctua in turn, "Lenyara. Please scout around in the overgrowth and mind Caim's orders. Noctua. I want you to stay near Caim please." Ilex moves towards the great oak on her own. Halts momentarily in thought and turns to Adnaisia, "May I borrow your clippers, my tools for caring for my tree are at home so my assistant can care for Holy, my tree, while I'm on my quest. I have a dagger but it is not the proper tool for harvesting the Mistletoe, though in a pinch it would do."

Once Adnaisia either offers the tool or deny's it's use,( Ilex understands that the tools are special to their owners,) Ilex will turn to the tree. "Oh Great Oak of the Island of Solstice. We humbly thank you for the gift you give us in our time of need. Oh Beautiful Mistletoe, gracefully adorning this tree. We thank you for your sacrifice that we may help set your Island of Solstice right." Ilex gently takes up a length of mistletow about as long as her forearm. After looking for the proper place to cut the branch so the plant will heal properly, she makes a quick cut, severing the small section from the rest of the plant. Gently she wraps the mistletoe in a bundle while thanking again the Mistletoe and Great Oak for their assistance in setting the island to right. If the clippers were offered by Adnaisia, Ilex will thank her for their use, clean and return the tool.

The entire event looked very much like Ilex was performing a ritual complete with bows to the tree and mistletoe plants.

OOC: Caim place Noctua next to you but please keep her in the overgrowth for now. Lenyara can place herself.

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Caim and Noctua are placed.

[sblock=Statblock]Caim - Female Half-Elf Fighter|Battlemind 1
Initiative: +1, Passive perception: 10, Passive Insight: 17
AC:19 Fort:15 Ref:13 Will:15 PP:2
HP: 29/33 Bloodied: 16 Surge value: 8 Surges/day: 9/13
Speed: 5 squares, AP: 0, Second Wind: used, Temporary HP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +5 vs AC, 1d6+2 (Only use after Eldritch Strike and all PP are expended)
Powers: Brash Strike, Twisted Eye, Battlemind's Demand, Blurred Step, Guardian's Counter, Eldritch Strike, Steel Unity Strike[/sblock]
[sblock=Out-of-Turn Action Conditions]Caim will always use Blurred Step if doing so does not distance her from an enemy which she considers significantly higher priority than the enemy triggering Blurred Step.

Caim will use Guardian's Counter at the first opportunity.

If Caim's Combat Challenge is triggered by a melee attack from a credible threat, she will use Eldritch Strike as her Melee Basic Attack, and on a hit she will slide the attacker away from the target to invalidate the triggering attack.

If Caim can make a Melee Basic Attack outside of her turn against a credible threat (if her Guardian's Counter is triggered, for example) she will use Eldritch Strike. If it's an OA, will spend 1 PP to augment Twisted Eye to use in place of her MBA. If she has no Power Points remaining, she will use Eldritch Strike. Note that Blurred Step and Combat Challenge may both activate at the same trigger.

Enemies are not credible threats if I am aware that their ability to move and act freely is far less harmful to the party than is that of other monsters on the board. Caim would not use Eldritch Strike on a Minion when she also has a Skirmisher marked, for example.[/sblock]

Pliantreality

First Post
OOC: Placed on Map

Nalkyr flared his nostrils to get a lungful of the clean, crisp scent. Woods. Leaves. Snow. This wasn't - murderous barbarians aside - an unpleasant place to be. It reminded the young eladrin of being home.

The presence of seeming multiple attractive female eladrin didn't exactly hurt the island's case, either.

Nalkyr meandered around a rather vicious looking briarpatch, motioning silently to Caim that he would be just around the corner. If briars could be said to have corners. The thin warrior kept both hands resting on their respective feyblades. He was an eladrin- he didn't need to be told that the more pleasant of diversions could easily prove deadly. Such hidden dangers were not uncommon where Nalkyr was from.

pathfinderq1

First Post
As Caim spoke and Ilex replied, Lenyara glanced from one to the other, as if she understood every word. She made a quick circuit of the central grove, examining the area as the rest of the group spread out. Then, seeing the northern approach to the area was unguarded, she trotted in that direction.

To a casual observer, it might look as if the lioness was lying down in the thin cover of light brush- one had to get fairly close to realize that her feet were carefully placed. She was not lying down, but rather crouched to spring...

OOC: Quick examination of the grove: Nature +7= 17, Perception +9= 14; rolls Roll Lookup

Son of Meepo

First Post
GM: Is everyone's hit points correct on the spreadsheet? I'm mostly concerned with Nalkyr still having 10 damage. I also added a column for your current Healing Surges.

Remove ads