Wizards In Winter - Low-Level Thread (DM: Son of Meepo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Sorry @Wife Of Meepo , I just got home from work and now I can see our sheets. I had a plan in mind, but it assumed that you did not have a close burst power with forced movement. Now that I know that, you should go ahead with your turn and use that power, probably also using your racial to gain CA; if you miss, then I'll rush in, hope the OA misses me, and get it marked, at which point you'll be able to get away safely.

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
GM: Unless she can get some height, she can't hit the thing with her close burst power. She's at elevation 0, the thing is at elevation 3, so a close burst 2 won't reach it.

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
OOC: Sorry [MENTION=6687049]Wife Of Meepo[/MENTION], I just got home from work and now I can see our sheets. I had a plan in mind, but it assumed that you did not have a close burst power with forced movement. Now that I know that, you should go ahead with your turn and use that power, probably also using your racial to gain CA; if you miss, then I'll rush in, hope the OA misses me, and get it marked, at which point you'll be able to get away safely.

OOC: Problem with my close burst is that I'm at elevation 0, the creature is at elevation 3 and my burst is only a 2. I would have to climb the tree to get close enough to hit the creature and that would attract and OA. When you told me that Ilex is in a bad loction, you meant it. If need be Ilex will have to fight her way out.

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Ah, okay. Well let's see how this goes, then. I'll try to engage, and if I can get adjacent and it tries to attack you, I can slide it up the tree so that it can't reach you. If I can't, at least he'll be at -2 to hit you.

@Son of Meepo , in order to get I adjacent to TitT I need to jump from N13 to O12(1) and then use the last 2 squares of move to climb one square. Trying to figure out the Athletics DC... If I got 20 I'd clear 4 feet and be able to grab hold to something 11 feet up, or the top of the O12(1) square, would that be enough?

EDIT: Well, nevermind the jump.

"Ilex, look out! Get away from the tree!" Caim plunges through the brush to come to the dryad's aid. She tries and fails to avoid a lashing tendril that intercepts her, and she finds herself immobilized. Fortunately, she is not entirely limited by her bonds- she reaches out with her mind, imposing dire threats on whatever the plant-thing passed off as consciousness.

[sblock=Actions]
Move+Standard: Double Move to O11(2), interrupted by grab in N14
Minor: Battlemind's Demand (TitT is marked)[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]Caim - Female Half-Elf Fighter|Battlemind 1
Initiative: +1, Passive perception: 10, Passive Insight: 17
AC:19 Fort:15 Ref:13 Will:15 PP:2
HP: 20/33 Bloodied: 16 Surge value: 8 Surges/day: 9/13
Speed: 5 squares, AP: 0, Second Wind: used, Temporary HP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +5 vs AC, 1d6+2 (Only use after Eldritch Strike and all PP are expended)
Powers: Brash Strike, Twisted Eye, Battlemind's Demand, Blurred Step, Guardian's Counter, Eldritch Strike, Steel Unity Strike[/sblock]
[sblock=Out-of-Turn Action Conditions]Caim will always use Blurred Step if doing so does not distance her from an enemy which she considers significantly higher priority than the enemy triggering Blurred Step.

Caim will use Guardian's Counter at the first opportunity.

If Caim's Combat Challenge is triggered by a melee attack from a credible threat, she will use Eldritch Strike as her Melee Basic Attack, and on a hit she will slide the attacker away from the target to invalidate the triggering attack.

If Caim can make a Melee Basic Attack outside of her turn against a credible threat (if her Guardian's Counter is triggered, for example) she will use Eldritch Strike. If it's an OA, will spend 1 PP to augment Twisted Eye to use in place of her MBA. If she has no Power Points remaining, she will use Eldritch Strike. Note that Blurred Step and Combat Challenge may both activate at the same trigger.

Enemies are not credible threats if I am aware that their ability to move and act freely is far less harmful to the party than is that of other monsters on the board. Caim would not use Eldritch Strike on a Minion when she also has a Skirmisher marked, for example.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
Caim tries to leap to Ilex's rescue, but the thing in the tree snatches Caim out of the air and holds her in place with a tendril. The other tendril still fails around the oak.

GM: The thing has one creature grabbed. It looks like it could grab a second creature at the same time, but no more.

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
Ilex sees Caim hanging in the tendrils of the thing and shouts "Let her go you overgrown weed!" while moving to a better vantage point. The creature senses Ilex's movement and reaches in to snatch her up grabbing her and causing lots of scratches as Ilex struggles to keep her arms free. She then gathers up static charges from the air and hurls them at the creature. The resulting bolt crashes into one of the branches of the Great Oak Tree it is hiding in and breaks it off. "Now that just pisses me off." With heroic speed Ilex calls to mind another power intent on pulling the creature from the tree. Seemingly out of nowhere a whirlwind pick up in the top of the tree level with the bulk of the parasitic abomination threatening to pull it loose. Will the creature hold on the Great Oak or will it crash down from the tree. . . tune in next time, same time, same station. . . . ehem.

During all this, Noctua runs up beside the pixie and roars at the unnatural bush.

[sblock=actions]Move:Atempted move draws OA from thing in tree. Noctua runs to L11 Ferocious Companion: Aura 1 - Allies gain a +2 power bonus to damage rolls against enemies in the aura.
(OA:Tree hits and grabs Ilex for 9 dmg)
Standard:Ilex let's loose a witch bolt, missing
Action point Standard: and Ilex starts a small storm of her own, again missing half dmg 3. Sustainable
Minor: Slide attempt on creature see map for desire drop zone[/sblock]

[sblock=Ilex's Stats]Ilex Cassine - Hammadryad Witch 1
Passive Perception 14, Passive Insight 19
AC 14, Fort 12, Reflex 14, Will 16
HP 15/24 Bloodied 12, Surge Value 6, Surges 7/8
Speed 6, Initiative +0
Action Points: 0, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Stone Blood, Witch Bolt, Light, Mage Hand
Encounter Powers: [ ]Chameleon's Mask, [ ]Hamadryad Aspects, [ ]Glorious Presence
Daily Powers: [ ]Augury, [ ]Healing Word, [x]Arcane Whirlwind[/sblock]
[sblock=Luna's Stats]Luna - Moon Wisp Familiar
AC 14, Fort 12, Reflex 14, Will 16
HP 1/1
Constant Benefits: Ilex gains +2 to Arcana and Nature
At-Will Powers: Moon Wisp Radiance
Milestone Power: Moon Bite[/sblock]
[sblock=Noctua's Stats]Noctua Ursus - Young Owlbear Companion
Ferocious Companion: Aura 1 - Allies gain a +2 power bonus to damage rolls against enemies in the aura.
Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 19
AC 14, Fort 16, Reflex 12, Will 16
HP 12/12 Bloodied 6, Surge Value 3
Speed 6, Initiative +0[/sblock]

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
The whirlwind rips through the tree scattering desiccated leaves all about the clearing. Branches crack and break.

GM: Trigger: The Thing in the Tree is targeted by an area or close attack that deals fire, force, or thunder damage.

Effect: The Thing in the Tree loses partial concealment and the bonus it gains to avoid being pushed out of the tree is reduced by 2. If the bonus is reduced to zero, the Thing in the Tree loses partial cover.

GM: Trigger: The Thing in the Tree takes damage.

Effect: (Close burst 10) Each non-minion ally in the burst gains +1 to attack rolls until the end of its next turn and 10 temporary hit points.

Slide? Saving Throw (1d20+2+2=16) (Remains in the tree)

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
Merri draws her dagger as she moves toward the now crawling foilage. She throws the dagger at the thing closest to her, but is way off mark.

[sblock=actions]
Minor: Draw dagger

Movement: Move to G-11 (avoid the difficult terrain)

Standard: Throw dagger at BV (RBA): 1d20+6, 1d4+3 → ([4, 6], [3, 3]) Roll Lookup Miss

[/sblock]

[sblock=Merri's Stats]Merri - Human Hybrid: Ardent / Vampire 1

Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 11

AC 15, Fort 13, Reflex 14, Will 16

HP 24/24 Bloodied 12, Surge Value 6, Surges 2/2
Vulnerability: 5 radiant

Speed 6, Initiative +3

Action Points: 1

Power Points: 2

At-Will Powers: Energizing Strike, Ire Strike, Taste of Life
Encounter Powers: Second Wind, Surefooted Stride, Ardent Surge
Daily Powers: Lingering Fury

Notes:
*Allies within 5 squares get +1 to OA damage rolls and +2 to Diplomacy and Intimidate checks.
*Target of Ardent Surge gains +1 to attack rolls TENT
*Merri has regeneration 4 while bloodied.
[/sblock]

Remove ads