Wizards In Winter - Low-Level Thread (DM: Son of Meepo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Son of Meepo

First Post
Saving Throw (1d20+2+2=15)

The Thing in the Tree is not pushed. Since Chupacabra is never in melee range, he does not get the MBA.

GM: The thing is getting +2 to its save for being Elite, and then it's bonus vs forced movement started at +4, but is currently +2.

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
GM: [MENTION=5656]Someone[/MENTION]

I just noticed a problem with your turn. Creatures on the ground are at elevation 0. A close blast 3 power will hit 3 elevation levels. So Chupacabra could hit elevation 3, 2, 1 but just be over the heads of the seedlings, or 2, 1, 0, and just be underneath the thing in the tree.

Feel free to pick the targets or choose a different action instead.

FourMonos

First Post
Merri starts to recover from her shock. Had life taught her nothing thus far than to be so trusting? Her embarrassment at being taken so unawares eminates out from her.

Merri's thoughts are still elsewhere when the animated plant brandishes it's vines. Dodging one, she moves right into its other vine and is then pulled toward the foilage.

She is unable to free herself from its grasp.

"Fine then, I'll stay right here next to you." Merri grabs the vine and the creature flails in pain as it's essence is drained.

[sblock=actions]
Escape Grab (acrobatics): 1d20+3 → [3,3] = (6) Roll Lookup No.

Standard: Taste of Life vs Bloodvine: 1d20+3, 1d8+7 → ([16, 3], [7, 7]) Roll Lookup Hit for 14 damage, which eliminates it's THP and does 4 damage. Merri gains 6 THP.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Merri's Stats]Merri - Human Hybrid: Ardent / Vampire 1

Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 11

AC 15, Fort 13, Reflex 14, Will 16

HP 17/24 +6 THP Bloodied 12, Surge Value 6, Surges 3/2
Vulneribility: 5 radiant

Speed 6, Initiative +3

Action Points: 1

Power Points: 2

At-Will Powers: Energizing Strike, Ire Strike, Taste of Life
Encounter Powers: Second Wind, Surefooted Stride, Ardent Surge
Daily Powers: Lingering Fury

Notes:
*Allies within 5 squares get +1 to OA damage rolls and +2 to Diplomacy and Intimidate checks.
*Target of Ardent Surge gains +1 to attack rolls TENT
*Merri has regeneration 4 while bloodied.
[/sblock]

OOC: Sorry [MENTION=69684]WEContact[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6687049]Wife Of Meepo[/MENTION] still immobilized and couldn't get closer to heal :(. Also, [MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION] I don't think you put Nalkyr's damage on the twig blight swarm in the combat table last turn.

WEContact

First Post
OOC: @Medina I didn't realize Merri was grabbed- in retrospect I think you should have double moved to heal Ilex :/.

@pathfinderq1 , try to attack the Thing if you can.

"You should not have come. This place is beyond saving and now you shall rot in the earth like these trees."
Caim seethes with rage. She doesn't doesn't see Adnasia, but is confident that she's close enough to Caim scream as she struggles with the ensnaring vines, "YOU FAITHLESS WRETCH! YOU WERE DAMNED THE MOMENT YOU GAVE UP HOPE, AND NOW WE'RE GOING TO SEND YOU TO HELL!" Caim tears apart the vines, carefully approaching the infested tree. Her face is pale, which makes the blood look brighter. "SOON YOU'LL FEEL THE BLADES OF THE FEY YOU'VE CHARMED!"

[sblock=Actions]Move: Athletics, Escape Grab, shift
Standard: Second Wind, gain 8 hp and +2 all defenses UEoNT

Immediate: Guardian's Counter, if triggered[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]Caim - Female Half-Elf Fighter|Battlemind 1
Initiative: +1, Passive perception: 10, Passive Insight: 17
AC:19 Fort:15 Ref:13 Will:15 PP:2
HP: 10/33 Bloodied: 16 Surge value: 8 Surges/day: 9/13
Speed: 5 squares, AP: 0, Second Wind: used, Temporary HP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +5 vs AC, 1d6+2 (Only use after Eldritch Strike and all PP are expended)
Powers: Brash Strike, Twisted Eye, Battlemind's Demand, Blurred Step, Guardian's Counter, Eldritch Strike, Steel Unity Strike[/sblock]
[sblock=Out-of-Turn Action Conditions]Caim will always use Blurred Step if doing so does not distance her from an enemy which she considers significantly higher priority than the enemy triggering Blurred Step.

Caim will use Guardian's Counter at the first opportunity.

If Caim's Combat Challenge is triggered by a melee attack from a credible threat, she will use Eldritch Strike as her Melee Basic Attack, and on a hit she will slide the attacker away from the target to invalidate the triggering attack.

If Caim can make a Melee Basic Attack outside of her turn against a credible threat (if her Guardian's Counter is triggered, for example) she will use Eldritch Strike. If it's an OA, will spend 1 PP to augment Twisted Eye to use in place of her MBA. If she has no Power Points remaining, she will use Eldritch Strike. Note that Blurred Step and Combat Challenge may both activate at the same trigger.

Enemies are not credible threats if I am aware that their ability to move and act freely is far less harmful to the party than is that of other monsters on the board. Caim would not use Eldritch Strike on a Minion when she also has a Skirmisher marked, for example.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
Standing there dizzy and nearly knocked senseless, Ilex struggles for understanding of the creatures surrounding them. In a SUDDEN moment of clarity she sustains her Arcane Whirlwind hoping to yank the Abomination out of the tree. The swirling winds momentarily pick up speed and it falls to the far side of the tree with a crash breaking only a few of its limb as it falls, leaving them dangling lifeless in the Great Oak towering Above it.

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
GM:
I just noticed a problem with your turn. Creatures on the ground are at elevation 0. A close blast 3 power will hit 3 elevation levels. So Chupacabra could hit elevation 3, 2, 1 but just be over the heads of the seedlings, or 2, 1, 0, and just be underneath the thing in the tree.

Feel free to pick the targets or choose a different action instead.

OOC: You're right! I think that instead of Steel Avalanche I'll use Swift river blood. If I keep the rolls, the damage against the thing is 2 points lower (ammended in the damage spreadsheet) and the minions are alive

WEContact

First Post
Standing there dizzy and nearly knocked senseless, Ilex struggles for understanding of the creatures surrounding them. In a SUDDEN moment of clarity she sustains her Arcane Whirlwind hoping to yank the Abomination out of the tree. The swirling winds momentarily pick up speed and it falls to the far side of the tree with a crash breaking only a few of its limb as it falls, leaving them dangling lifeless in the Great Oak towering Above it.
OOC: Please specify that you want to slide the thing adjacent to me if possible. I can alter my move action if necessary. Good job!

pathfinderq1

First Post
OOC: Well I just had a large and complicated post completely wasted by that since I took too long composing the post. I will wait to see where the Thing ends up and try to salvage something. GM please ignore all the IC rolls that are attached to actions no longer valid

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
OOC: This post is just what might have been. Will attmpt a re-do once I find out where Thing ended up since Ilex's action went through while I was putting this post together. First need to edit of 14 damage to thing, that I added while checking post.

Lenyara had observed long enough- she burst from her hiding place and into motion. In a blur, she crossed the distance to the central tree, leaping over intervening obstacles and under the creature's lashing tendrils. At the base of the tree she shifted back into her human form and began to make her way up the trunk. While she looked mostly human, she retained the claws of a lioness, and she raced up the tree as easily as she had crossed the forest floor. The tangle braid of leather cables in her right hand lashed out, slapping at the hidden creature.

[sblock= OOC]
>I hope this works...
>Move: V2>U3>T4>Running long jump to clear 2 squares of DT (S5, R6)>Q7>P8>P9; (assumes trees are tree-shaped, not square blocks, so corners can be cut); Athletics check for jump 1d20+6= 23 (success); Thing OA 1d20+3 vs. REF 9includes mark penalty)= 14 (miss); rolls Roll Lookup
>Minor: Shift to human form
>Standard: Charge Thing (Climbing up); Athletics 1d20+6= 15 (success);Net MBA on charge 1d20+10 vs. AC= 27 (hit for 9 damage plus 5 for Power strike and Thing is slowed until end of Lenyara's next turn);rolls Roll Lookup
>OOC: Since climb rules in Compendium don't state that you need a hand free (covered by fluff as using claws), apply dual weapon attack for 11 more damage and Thing is prone if possible- rolls included above
[/sblock]

Remove ads