• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"Wizards, Whiskey & Wonderful Things" ENW Game Thread

Silver Moon

Adventurer
orchid blossom said:
"You must have liked it here, to leave him and stay. I find I like it here a great deal more than I thought I would."
"I like not having to shovel snow. And I like the work better here too. I never had a formal education, worked as a janitor in textile mill. Out here, this job, the main thing you need is common sense and the right attitude. Dangerous work here in the stamping mill but I love it."

orchid blossom

Explorer
"Yes, the lack of snow is rather nice, although I miss it a bit. It's hard to know it's spring when there's no snow to melt. I've gotten myself into a ranch, and I'm starting a school, so if you ever decide you'd like that education...." Kate left it hanging and smiled.

"How is the work here dangerous? I don't know much about how smelting works."

moon dancer

First Post
Minerva turns to him and looks at him over the rim of her glass. Her normally cheerful facade is shattered and her rich chocolate eyes are flashing in anger. She slams down her glass. "I have been here less than a week and there has been nothing but trouble! I have the narrow minded power hungry Vigilance committee trying to dismiss me as a "misunderstanding" and now that dirty no good swine Senor Adair arghhh.... They are two sides of the same coin! I W i l l n o t be d i s m i s s ed. I will not tolerate it!

Queenie

Queen of Everything
baradtgnome said:
"You are mine, Ruby West, mine. I'm not going to share you. You belong here. Just you and me. No more worrying that somebody is going to run, or somebody is sleeping with somebody else, or somebody is in love with somebody else. Done.... Jake looks at her with a blank expression that he then forces a smile upon. "Can we do that? Can we?"

Ruby is quiet and starts playing with her hair. "So, what you're saying is... you want me and you need me, Mr. Cook?" The grin starts growing on Ruby's face. "Can we do it? Do you think we can do it?" Ruby stands on the bed next to Jake and starts jumping. "Oh but I think it'll take lots of bribing... you know jewelry, perfume, clothes, drinking and dancing, puppies and sex, lots of sex," Ruby giggles. "Can you do that?"

Last edited:

Silver Moon

Adventurer
orchid blossom said:
"How is the work here dangerous? I don't know much about how smelting works."
Harker gives Kate and Chester a tour of the mill. The massive machinery essentially uses a combination of steam power and hydrolics to have huge pile-drivers mash the ore, which is then washed away into filers by water from the creek while more water pours onto the equipment to keep it from overheating. The room itself exceeds one-hundred degrees and most of the men working inside are shirtless. He explains that it takes about an hour to process a ton of ore.

baradtgnome

First Post
"I'm not so sure about the puppies and sex part, but if we leave them out of the bed I can handle it." Jake puts his hands on his hips and smiles as she bounces. "Damn that bed really does squeak."

Silver Moon

Adventurer
moon dancer said:
They are two sides of the same coin! I W i l l n o t be d i s m i s s ed. I will not tolerate it!
Hoover starts to laugh in response. She turns and gives him an icy stare. He says, "Sorry, but I found that funny. You seeing Adair and the Vigilence Committee as alike, they are probably about as opposite as you can find in this town. But if you aren't fond of Adair then join the club, Ruby and Jake have been scheming to put him out of business for a while now."

Queenie

Queen of Everything
baradtgnome said:
Jake puts his hands on his hips and smiles as she bounces. "Damn that bed really does squeak."

"Not sure about the sex part? Wait a minute..." Ruby stops bouncing and gets a serious look on her face. "Are you sure you don't want to reconsider that?" She falls onto her knees on the bed. "I might have to reconsider my answer," she tries not to giggle again.

orchid blossom

Explorer
"It looks like most of the danger here is either getting something caught under those pile drivers, or heat prostration. It's hard work, sir, but honest. I'm not sure I understand liking it," she smiled. "I suppose Chester and I should be going and let you get back to your work. Thank you for your help, Mr. Harker. We'll see you later."

Kate and Chester walked outside the hot smelter. "Back to the Lucky Lady, Chester?"

Dire Wolf

First Post
moon dancer said:
Minerva turns to him and looks at him over the rim of her glass. Her normally cheerful facade is shattered and her rich chocolate eyes are flashing in anger. She slams down her glass. "I have been here less than a week and there has been nothing but trouble! I have the narrow minded power hungry Vigilance committee trying to dismiss me as a "misunderstanding" and now that dirty no good swine Senor Adair arghhh.... They are two sides of the same coin! I W i l l n o t be d i s m i s s ed. I will not tolerate it!

"So, what can we do to make sure you stay around for a while. This is not usually my area of expertise, but you can count me as one on your side for sure."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads