• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[WoD] A Beginning to the End -- New York By Night

Mordane76

First Post
OOC: Action Recap -- before I post a scene rundown for these, everyone has a chance to abort their declared action for something more suitable or as a result of something that someone else intends to do. I will post a scene tomorrow.

9 -- Elias:
Elias will activate Celerity (1 BP). He will use his actions as follows -
1: Move to the stage
2: Ascend the stage
3: Attempt to behead Rachel
4: Grab the slain body (will abort if Rachel not dead in first attack).

10 -- Elena:
Elena will draw a pistol from her purse and shoot Elias in the knee (+2 diff, +1 dam).

10 -- Horus:
Horus will study Elias until he is about to move and will do his best to maneuver himself and his blade in front of Elias before he makes his way to the stage. If he accomplishes this and successfully halts Elias he says:

"Ah ah ah Elias. You have not dealt with me yet. I know your business may not be with yours truly... but I'm making it my business." he adds sinisterly.

If he persists Horus will slash out at him as he passes.

11 -- Francis:
It is not my trouble. I should only looks, no more, why I have such stupid idea...
"Do you have a ligther?" he asks to Paul.
Francis jump over the bar and takes some bottle of alcool 40%.
"Have you ever made a molotov Cocktail?"
He will try to create a molotov cocktail with one of them.

12 -- Nick:
Nick Leaps at Elias, Grabbing him in a hold and trying to keep the elder from doing any more harm.

12 -- Marcus:
Marcus grabs Elena's arm and pulls her forcibly toward the closest door (the one 60' away). "Stay behind me," he commands as they move. "With luck, you and I and maybe some of these other fools will survive this thing." His voice lowers fractionally. "Let these big city vampires deal with their own problems."

15 -- Paul:
No response: holds this round

16 -- Melody:
OOC: Melody's action is already posted above (Dread Gaze with an automatic success using Willpower).

Jarval

Explorer
Velmont said:

He will try to create a molotov cocktail with one of them.
"Funny you should ask me that." Paul grins, sliding over the bar to join Francis. "I've thrown together a couple in my time."

He looks thoughtfully at the shelf behind the bar, selecting the highest proof to lowest cost ratio he can find.

"No point wasting the good stuff, after all..."

Majin

First Post
(OOC: Ack, seems like all the games I'm in have dropped off the face of the Earth. Any of you guys still alive?)

Mordane76

First Post
Melody fixes her gaze on Elias, her face twisting into a horrible mask, revealing her true nature. Elias, even in his madness is obviously shaken, but not undone by her malevolent visage.

Nick leaps at Elias, grabbing him in a hold and trying to keep the elder from doing any more harm. He wraps himself around the unprepared Elias soundly; Elias struggles, howling in rage...

As Nick jumps the shaken Elder, Marcus rushes to the table and grabs Elena's arm, pulling her forcibly toward the closest door. "Stay behind me," he commands as they move. "With luck, you and I and maybe some of these other fools will survive this thing." His voice lowers fractionally. "Let these big city vampires deal with their own problems."

Elena resigns herself from her purse, nods, and follows Marcus quickly towards the door.

Francis turns towards the bar...
"Do you have a ligther?" he asks to Paul.

Francis jump over the bar and grabs a bottle of top-shelf vodka.

"Funny you should ask me that." Paul grins, sliding over the bar to join Francis. "I've thrown together a couple in my time."

He looks thoughtfully at the shelf behind the bar, selecting the highest proof to lowest cost ratio he can find -- a bottom of low-name rot-gut tequila.

The two grab a dry bar-keep rag and stuff it gingerly into the bottle-spout.

Horus stands, his sword at the ready, as Nick struggles to maintain his hold on Elias.

Elias howls in rage, sacrificing some of his unholy power to speed his movements. He easily throws the grapsing Nick from him like so much lint, and weakly attempts to parry as Horus swings his cane-sword, but only lightly turns the skillful blow, which cuts deep into Elias' exposed side. Despite the blow, it only barely slows Elias' progress to the stage. Elias drags himself up onto the stage, turning to face the now terror-stricken Rachel.

(OOC Dread Gaze -- Cha + Int, diff 9 -- 1,9,10,5,6 +1 success for Willpower = 2 successes)

(OOC Nick's Hold -- Str + Brawl, diff 6 -- 6, 6, 5, 3, 8, 5, 7, 1, 7 = 4 successes)

(OOC -- Elias' Altered action list
1: Throw Nick off
2: Parry aside Horus' attack
3: Move to the stage
4: Ascend the stage

(OOC Aborting action 1 (Will, diff 6) -- 5, 10, 4, 9, 7, = 2 successes)
(OOC Aborting action 2 (Will, diff 6) -- 2, 2, 4, 8, 9, = 2 successes)
(OOC Aborting action 3 (Will, diff 6) -- 3, 8, 5, 3, 8, = 2 successes)
(OOC Aborting action 4 (Will, diff 6) -- 1, 10, 4, 8, 2, = 1 success)
(OOC Escaping Nick (Str + Brawl, diff 6, resisted):
Nick - 2, 3, 6, 7, 4, 1, 6, 5, 4 = 2 successes
Elias - 4, 2, 6, 6, 4, 10, 2, 1 + 3 successes (Pot) = 5 successes)
(OOC Parry against Horus (Dex + Melee, diff 6, resisted):
Horus - 6, 10, 6, 7, 4, 4, 10, 9, 8, 9 + 2 rerolls 10, 5 + 1 reroll 2 = 9 successes
Elias - 1, 9, 9, 7, 6, 1, = 2 successes)
(OOC Damage of Sword Cane (11 dice, diff 6) - 9, 5, 2, 7, 1, 8, 1, 4, 7, 3, 8 = 3 successes)
(OOC Soak Roll (Sta + For, diff 6) -- 1, 5, 4, 10, 1, 7 = 0 successes)

Velmont

First Post
"Nice! Here your chance to use what you've learned. Now, we will see if I am good at baseball."

You should have listen and stay near an exit...

Francis take a aim on Elias, and throw his bottle on him, with all his strength and will, and he hope he don't touch Horus. (Willpower point spend on it, Self-Confident merit. The bottle is not a molotov Cocktail).

If I hit:

"The barbecue is set, you just need to light it, friend."

Last edited:

Mordane76

First Post
9 -- Elias

Elias will activate Celerity (1 BP) and will use his actions as follows:
1 -- Heal his wounds (3 BP)
2 -- Behead Rachel
3 -- Pick up her corpse
4 -- Make for the club exit

10 -- Elena