• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[WoD] A Beginning to the End -- New York By Night

Mordane76

First Post
Mathew chuckles a little at Melody... "Yeah, especially if my youngster and his friend over there had forced Elias to remake Flashdance... nevermind... bad pun..." He trails off, and sits back down, his lips still moving, but nothing coming out.

"I would hate to be presumptuous, but I believe this would be a great point to end this evening," the Prince says, turning to the assembled Kindred. "Rait, please retrieve the honorable Elias, and return him to his cell; I will deal more with him later."

As the assembly begins to stir to leave, Prince Morgan turns to those nearest the stage (Melody, Nick, Horus). "You three, stay a little while. Dervish," Morgan says, turning to look at his Seneschal, "be so kind as to collect those two from behind the bar as well."

Elsewhere in New York...
"Damnable fool Elias," the man thought to himself as he walked down the block. Turning, he strolled slowly past the Empire State Building, passively looking up as he thought aloud. "If something isn't done soon, then the assailant will complete his task, and then He will come to clean this up. I can't let that happen, but I should have known better than to send my grandchilde to complete such a delicate task." He continued down the street, turning, heading for the waterfront...

Deep within the sewers
It stirred as a breeze blew into the passage, like so many tendrils of hanging moss. The breeze carried the message... and It responded. From behind the waters of the passage arose a bubbling, a churning... a swarming, writhing mass of little black, hairy bodies, nubby pink noses, and thick beating tails. The horde multiplied, and began to move out of the passage as one, rushing out of the passage, into the sewers...

Majin

First Post
Horus moves swiftly to find a seat, deliberately putting the Tremere Primogen between him and his destination. (OOC: I don't believe you've named this one yet?) As he passes he whispers hoarsely, "We need to talk... later."

He then cooly takes a seat and looks around casually, awaiting his talk with the Prince.

Jarval

Explorer
"Huh. I think we might have drawn a little too much attention to ourselves." Paul observes quitely to Francis on hearing the Prince's words. He sniffs the bottle he'd been about to throw, and pulls a face.

"Yuck. I'm sure you could buy paint stripper that would taste better than this." He places the tequila back on the shelf with exaggerated care, before pulling up a bar stool.

"Still, that little brawl glossed over an awkward moment. I hope that not all of the Prince's announcements come with such a thrilling presentation."

Velmont

First Post
Jarval said:
"Huh. I think we might have drawn a little too much attention to ourselves."

"Well, yeah! I have done better move than that, but at the same time, I couldn't sit and watch and lady be killed. I think I must have some English blood in my vein coming from somewhere in my father family."

Francis, who was sitting on the bar, jump on the floor and start to walk near the three standing in teh middle of the bar.

Mordane76

First Post
Majin said:
Horus moves swiftly to find a seat, deliberately putting the Tremere Primogen between him and his destination. (OOC: I don't believe you've named this one yet?) As he passes he whispers hoarsely, "We need to talk... later."

He then cooly takes a seat and looks around casually, awaiting his talk with the Prince.

Primogen Greyburr blinks, then nods as he makes his way out.

OOC: then I'll just do it now. :D

Mordane76

First Post
As the Maze begins to empty, Prince Morgan motions to a table near the stage. Seneschal Dervish collects a few extra chairs, as well as Paul and Francis. After he has set the chairs at the table, he excuses himself to comfort his childe Rachel.

"I'm very glad that respectable and capable Kindred such as yourselves occupy my city," Morgan begins once every one is seated. He remains unseated, and as he speaks he slowly walks around the table. "This evening could have become quite the disaster without your quick thinking and resourcefulness. However, the incarceration of Elias does not mean this event is by any means over; someone, at least if I heard Elias correctly, directed this assault -- someone with power enough to force the hand of an Elder." Pausing for effect, Morgan turns to regard Nick directly. "Someone who might not be so easily up-ended as Elias was."

"Thus, I think it is in our best interests to strike while the iron is hot. We will remove ourselves from here to a location more suited to interrogating Elias, which I will leave to you. I'm charging this group with conducting an investigation of this incident, and I will put what resources I can afford at your disposal."

Elena slowly crosses the room, and motions for Prince Morgan to come to her. They whisper amongst themselves for a few moments, afterwhich Morgan nods in approval. "If you feel he will be of use, then Marcus is most welcome to assist this investigation. Marcus, Melody, Francis, Nick, Paul, and Horus -- I will be keeping tabs on this venture; it is important to me that such outrages do not go unpunished in my city. I would much rather lay judgement at the feet of whomever masterminded this, as opposed to on Elias' head alone. You'll begin immediately."

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
“Thank you, Prince Morgan. It's an honor to be charged with such an important task.”

Melody bows slightly and then gets up. “So, where could we possibly do this?”

Last edited:

Seonaid

Explorer
Marcus resists the urge to show his intense surprise. His thoughts churn: Elena speaking for me to the Prince of another city? This goes beyond the outline she had set for me when I first arrived. And not only that, the Prince accepts me. Strange, after these few weeks, that he should take the advice of a potential rival. 'Keep your enemies closer,' indeed. I shall have to keep vigilant. Outwardly, he merely stands, bows slightly to the Prince, and crosses to the other side of the room. As he passes Elena, he is tempted to say something to let her know of his surprise, but decides not to. Besides, she probably knows better than I what I'm feeling, he thinks to himself wryly.

When he reaches the other table, he pulls up a chair and sits in it dramatically. "This city is not my own," he says in response to Melody's question. "I leave the decision to your capable hands." Out of the corner of his eye, he keeps a watch on Elena.

Remove ads