Wolfgang Baur's Open Design new games!

Jack99

Adventurer
Yeah, I am not sure. I found being a common patron fairly boring and I do not see my self investing enough to get more influence. I see no point in doing that. On the other hand, I really want a copy.

RichGreen

Adventurer
I went for the 4E project. In fact, variations on this have been around for a while as potential projects, haven't they? I recall this as an option and I have missed all the projects since Nic Logue's project.
This was pitched as a high level 3.5 project last time round when Halls of the Mountain King was commissioned.

I'm in for this one!

Cheers

Richard

RichGreen

Adventurer
Yeah, I am not sure. I found being a common patron fairly boring and I do not see my self investing enough to get more influence. I see no point in doing that. On the other hand, I really want a copy.
Well, you can always just chip in from time to time...

Halls was a bit different because of the two different editions - we won't have that problem this time round.

Go on, you know you want to!

Richard

FunkBGR

Explorer
Count me as wanting the Red Eye. I don't quite like that we already had a Fey-themed one for 4e, and now we're getting ANOTHER fey one.

Azathoth would fit in 4e also. Boo :(

Monkey King

Explorer
Yeah, I was fairly surprised that the Fey one did as well as it did, but most of the patron proposals were for Pathfinder. There was only one other 4E pitch, and it didn't do as well as the Shadow Fey.

Frankly, I think of it as a planar 4E adventure rather than a fey adventure, but YMMV.

It was a while since I was a patron on a project (Kingdom of the Ghouls), but I found that, for me, half the value of my patronage was the discussions about constructing the adventure, and the game design essays that Wolfgang would write.

I'm guessing that sort of thing still happens now?

Olaf the Stout

Riley

Legend
It was a while since I was a patron on a project (Kingdom of the Ghouls), but I found that, for me, half the value of my patronage was the discussions about constructing the adventure, and the game design essays that Wolfgang would write.

I'm guessing that sort of thing still happens now?

Yes.

Monkey King

Explorer
I sort of have a stack of essays I want to do for Court of the Shadow Fey, about planar adventure design, about evil in RPGs, about roleplaying scenes in 4E, and a couple other topics.

So yes, we still talk shop.

Jack99

Adventurer
I sort of have a stack of essays I want to do for Court of the Shadow Fey, about planar adventure design, about evil in RPGs, about roleplaying scenes in 4E, and a couple other topics.

So yes, we still talk shop.

It does sound interesting. How many times $25 do I have to shell out in order to have access to that? The info I could find is a bit vague (or perhaps my English is playing tricks on me)

Remove ads