• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wolfgang Baur's Open Design new games!

Well, as a basic patron you get to be part of the process, vote on stuff and help with the crunch or fluff. A normal customer just buys the adventure and nothing more.

Yeah, and that is AWESOME. I've done it before and I've become a patron of all three this time (and senior patron for one).

I do wonder, though, does the patronage also get you what a purchaser would get, some of it, or is it entirely separate?

For instance, I'm a patron of the Shadow Fey adventure. For my $25 I get all that awesome input and discussion. Do I also get the pdf for free (or as part of patronage)? Does the Lulu print version cost the same amount or a different amount?

I wonder because, for a few adventures in the past, I have become a "late patron" just to purchase the adventure (and not to get the extra cool experience of seeing it all evolve). That got me access to the pdf and the print (which I then had to pay cost for the print).

I don't mean to devalue the experience, but if the $25 got me the pdf and access to a reduced print price, then that would be even more of a heck of a deal.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Open Design is part of the Future of D&D (tm). :)

Narrow, customized content, none of which is wasted because it's stuff you actually need.

Yay! :lol:

RichGreen

Adventurer
For instance, I'm a patron of the Shadow Fey adventure. For my $25 I get all that awesome input and discussion. Do I also get the pdf for free (or as part of patronage)? Does the Lulu print version cost the same amount or a different amount?

Yes, you get the PDF as part of the $25 you paid to be a patron, and you get the option to buy the Lulu version at cost price.

Cheers

Richard

RichGreen

Adventurer
Hi,

Update from Wolfgang: Court of the Shadow Fey's commission is 30% met.

KQ discussion thread is here if you want more information.

Cheers

Richard

Monkey King

Explorer
Worth pointing out that, the Pathfinder project is still outpacing the 4E one (36% to 30%).

That can change, of course, but after all the discussion of sales for various rules sets, that seems like an interesting data point.

Jack99

Adventurer
Worth pointing out that, the Pathfinder project is still outpacing the 4E one (36% to 30%).

That can change, of course, but after all the discussion of sales for various rules sets, that seems like an interesting data point.

I think any debate about this so called data point should be forked. But tbh, this dead horse needs no more beating.

Kunimatyu

First Post
I love the Red Eye idea, but I can't help but feel a more generic system (Savage Worlds or even True20) would be far better for it. 3.5/Pathfinder breaks down outside of fantasy.

Monkey King

Explorer
There's a small chance Red Eye would be written for another system. It really depends on what the patrons want.

Personally, I'd like to see it using the Chaosium Basic Roleplaying system, but that's just habit on my part.

Remove ads