• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wolfgang Baur's Open Design new games!

darjr

I crit!
There's a small chance Red Eye would be written for another system. It really depends on what the patrons want.

Personally, I'd like to see it using the Chaosium Basic Roleplaying system, but that's just habit on my part.

Er, what?!?

Where do I sign up?

RichGreen

Adventurer
There's a small chance Red Eye would be written for another system. It really depends on what the patrons want.

Personally, I'd like to see it using the Chaosium Basic Roleplaying system, but that's just habit on my part.

Yeah, that was my preference too. If I thought this would be BRP, rather than Pathfinder, I'd sign up for it and run it as a one-off Cthulhu campaign for my friends.

There'a a risk if you use a "heroic" system like D&D to run a Cthulhu adventure that you change the whole atmosphere of the game. I guess that might be the point here but I'm a traditionalist where CoC is concerned - my players (two of them) got through 18 characters* when I ran Horror on the Orient Express!

Cheers

Richard

*although two miraculously survived from London all the way to Constantinople

Monkey King

Explorer
If we get started on Horror on the Orient Express stories, we'll be here all night.

There's a poll going up for patrons of the "Red Eye of Azathoth" right now that will settle the game system issue. Personally, I think going with Chaosium's rules is the better choice, but it's up to the patrons.

We'l report results from the patrons in early September.

RichGreen

Adventurer
There's a poll going up for patrons of the "Red Eye of Azathoth" right now that will settle the game system issue. Personally, I think going with Chaosium's rules is the better choice, but it's up to the patrons.

We'l report results from the patrons in early September.

Right, I've signed up for the project. It's just too cool a concept to pass on. I'll vote on the poll once I've been hooked up!

Cheers

Richard

Monkey King

Explorer
Early voting is underway, and I refuse to guess how it will turn out. The relatively small number of early patrons means every vote does have quite an impact.

Joshua_Stevens

First Post
If anyone is still on the fence about this project, please stop by and check it out. Patrons are voting as we speak, until September 4, on the rules system (and nuances) that will be used for the project. Red Eye still needs patrons to get off the ground, for what promises to be a fantastic collection of adventures.

The earlier you come aboard as a patron, the more influence you have over the ultimate direction of the project.

Hope to see you there!

RichGreen

Adventurer
Hi,

Latest on how far each is towards "green light":

• Shore 63%
  • Courts of the Shadow Fey 56%
  • Red Eye of Azathoth 34%.

On the poll for the system to be used for Red Eye of Azathoth, 28 votes have been cast:

• Pathfinder rules 8 votes
  • NPC classes only 11 votes
  • BRP rules 8 votes
  • Other 1 vote

I'm supporting both Courts of the Shadow Fey for 4e and Red Eye of Azathoth but both need more patrons so get in early and sign up!

Cheers

Richard

Remove ads