• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wolfgang Baur's Open Design new games!

Joshua_Stevens

First Post
I should really read the whole thread. What is the "NPC Classes only" option? That seems odd.

The NPC classes only option is an attempt to approximate the relative power levels of traditional CoC style gaming, but using the PFRPG rules.

Essentially, if players create characters using only the aristocrat, warrior, adept, or expert, their characters will have more punch/hardiness than the typical investigator, but not so much as to be unbalancing. Thus, characters won't be combat-gods and will have to rely more on their wits to confront horrors from beyond, rather than putting everything to the sword. This option also curtails the available level of PC magic.

So, sign up now and cast your vote for what you prefer!

Monkey King

Explorer
I think the NPC classes take is a pretty elegant solution to the design problem of matching Cthulhu fragility/incompetence of investigators with the Pathfinder standard of super-competent PCs.

But I'm still holding out hope for the CoC BRP rules. Go Old School on this!

If we get started on Horror on the Orient Express stories, we'll be here all night.

There's a poll going up for patrons of the "Red Eye of Azathoth" right now that will settle the game system issue. Personally, I think going with Chaosium's rules is the better choice, but it's up to the patrons.

We'l report results from the patrons in early September.

Where is the poll? I have paid but cannot find the poll. Is it on LJ or the website or the forums or......

Joshua_Stevens

First Post
Where is the poll? I have paid but cannot find the poll. Is it on LJ or the website or the forums or......

It's on the LJ site - entitled The Stuff of Heroes, and was posted on August 23.

As a patron, you should have access to it . . . if not, drop Wolfgang a quick note on the KQ site and he'll fix you up.

It's on the LJ site - entitled The Stuff of Heroes, and was posted on August 23.

As a patron, you should have access to it . . . if not, drop Wolfgang a quick note on the KQ site and he'll fix you up.

Yeah it is sorted thanks, I voted for NPC classes but will be just as happy if the other 2 biggies go ahead (BRPG or full PfRPG)

RichGreen

Adventurer
Hi,

Latest scores on the doors:

• Shore 72%
  • Courts of the Shadow Fey 62%
  • Red Eye of Azathoth 40%

Shore is going to get to green light shortly, especially as it's now an official Golarion/Pathfinder product, but we need more patrons for Courts of the Shadow Fey and Red Eye of Azathoth!

Richard

Joshua_Stevens

First Post
Update: Red Eye has met the 50% commission mark!

Hurry and sign up for this project now, and cast your vote regarding the rules set to be used for this anthology. The poll closes tomorrow on Friday, so time is running out!

And From Sea to Shore is fully funded! Turn your votes and dollars to the other two, unless you're a huge Golarion fan. (Okay, ideally buy into all three, but that doesn't happen for too many.)

deinol

First Post
The poll for editions for Red Eye of Azathoth ends Friday, so if you want to swing things toward BRP/CoC you'd have to join and vote now!

That being said, if it ends up being PRPG with NPC classes, I think it will easily convert to True20/Shadows of Cthulhu. In that case I will likely write an unofficial True20 conversion (appendix really) to share with other patrons.

This is my favorite project of the three, so I'm glad it has hit the 50% mark. But we still need more patrons to make it happen!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads