workshop a week?(current workshop-EXOTIC WEAPON PROFICIENCY)

veinglory

First Post
how bout seeing some of these pics

Come on, wips?

my anatomy's screwed on this but it's still ok

Attachments

• drider.jpg
    drider.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 265

alsih2o

First Post
well, this one gave me fits. i may do a sculpture for the next one. :)

i tried to start by doing a sketch of a crocodiles mouth. i love the jagged, impossible collections of teeth a lot of fantasy critters have. then i played with some odd claws and some cartoonish weapons. not a completed drawing, rather a scratchpad full of jaggedness.

it would do me well to hear what here is strong, and what need to remain in my sketchbook :)

Attachments

• jaggedpage.JPG
    jaggedpage.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 239

pogre

Legend
alsih2o said:
it would do me well to hear what here is strong, and what need to remain in my sketchbook :)

I am not sure why you stopped with the croc's mouth. I would have loved to seen a whole page of those jagged teeth. That lower set of choppers really jumped out at me.

Last edited:

alsih2o

First Post
pogre said:
Be gentle :)

wow. you know in olympic diving how you get extra points for "degree of difficulty?" well, pogre gets extra points for dod. that looks like it was maddening hard to do right.

do not be afraid to add a wee bot more shading, but it is a really nice idea and execution.

alsih2o

First Post
pogre said:
I am not sure why you stopped with the croc's mouth. I would have loved to seen a whole page of those jagged teeth. That lower set of choppers really jumped out at me.

it is a dracodile mouth, drawn from the monsternomicon. it is not an original. but thanks.

Last edited:

Remove ads