• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

workshop a week?(current workshop-EXOTIC WEAPON PROFICIENCY)

alsih2o

First Post
i usually sketch in pen, the work it in pencil and reink.

this week was miserable. i tried an overly ambitious "two guys tussling over the rail of a flying ship" scene that may need ot be reworked. definetely not a one week workshop drawing.

here are the two i started and never finished.

Attachments

• air.jpg
    air.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 157

alsih2o

First Post
and a different but equally lame approach :)

for this one i started with a pic from the internet. i made it b+w then printed it. i put it face down on my sketchpad and erased the back, leaving a faint image of ink. great for teaching yourself lessons. man, i love to cheat! :D

Attachments

• aire.jpg
    aire.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 160

Oni

First Post
Glad to see that there are several people particpating in this. I wanted to do something for the first one, but exams didn't allow me the extra time. However I do have something for this past week.

Airborne was a fun one, because it gave me so many different ideas. So many in fact it was difficult to choose one. Originally I starting to do one of the soldiers from the 127th Orcish Airborne, but he wasn't panning out. I ended up going with a more conventional idea, but I'm pretty happy with the results given the amount of time spent on it.

The spell, Fly, I think we take it for granted as players. But can you imagine what it must be like for some young spellcaster when they finally unlock its secrets and cast it for the first time, what it's like the to go aloft for the first time? I can only imagine it's a feeling of either mind numbing terror or one of pure elation. Anyway that's my inspiration.

Technical stuff. Underdrawing/linkwork was done in brown col-erase pencil. Covered by a tea wash. Coloured with water colour, white gouache, and coloured pencil.

Airborne

Last edited:

pogre

Legend
Very cool stuff. I especially like the floating citadel thing veinglory did. James Heard's pic is cool too, but I can see why you struggled with the white outline. The first Alsih2o drawing is an awesome idea - I would love to see this one finished. Oni - Awesome - just plain awesome.

myrdden

First Post
I'm just learning how to draw, so I think this is a great exercise.

Here is a quick sketch I've put together for "Feral".

Myrdden

Attachments

• Feral.jpg
    Feral.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:

Remove ads