• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

World of Warcraft RPG Anybody Interested?

Paper_Bard

First Post
It doesn't really matter. When you're ready... we start. Though it would be preferable to be able start by mid next month at the least.

Thanee

First Post
I surely don't need that long. :D

I'm thinking human or night elf and rogue or healer, most likely.

Although a jungle troll barbarian certainly has some appeal. :p ;)

Bye
Thanee

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Well, after seeing two different versions of Pandaren, I'll have to ask you whether or not you want to count the +1LA for it (as in Manual of Monsters) or not (as in Alliance and Horde Compendium) I was thinking either that or play a full racial class Forsaken working towards Assassin....

Paper_Bard

First Post
Hmm... Now... I may be mistaken... but I do beleive that the Monster Manual came after the Alliance and Horde Compendium... but I'm porbably wrong. Whichever one came out the more recent, that's the one you should heed.

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Well, here is my preliminary character. I went with max starting and 3/4 2nd level HP, 2700gp for 3rd level characters and there you go. Let me know what you think.

[sblock]
Lien Phu, male Pandaren Arcanist 2
Strength 12
Agility 16
Stamina 12
Intellect 16
Spirit 14
Charisma 12

Movement 20ft (30ft on all fours), Climb 15ft
Alignment: LN
Initiative: +3 (+3 Dex)
BAB: +1
Grp: +2
AC: 15
Hp: 12
XP: 3000
Affiliation: Independent

Fortitude: +1 (+1 Sta)
Reflex: +5 (+3 Agi, +2 familiar)
Will: +5 (+3 class, +2 Spi)

Skills
Climb +9 (+8 natural, +1 Str)
Concentration +6 (5 ranks, +1 Sta)
Decipher Script +8 (5ranks, +3 Int)
Diplomacy +4 (3 ranks, +1 Cha)
Ride +4 (2 ranks cc, +3 Agi)
Sense Motive +7 (5 ranks, +2 Spi)
Speak Common (natural)
Speak Darnassian (bonus)
Speak Dwarven (bonus)
Speak Thalassian (bonus)
Spellcraft +8 (5 ranks, +3 int)

Racial Abilities
Low Light Vision
Natural Armor +2
Natural Bite 1d6+1
Natural Claws 1d4+1
Natural Climb +8 and can take 10 on any Climb check
Weapon Familiarity: Pan-Spear and Shaktani Blade

Class Abilities
Arcane Path: Mage
Familiar: Alertness
Familiar: Empathic Link
Familiar: Improved Reflexes
Weapons: Club, Dagger, Quarterstaff

Feats
Eschew Materials
Scribe Scroll

Spells Prepared (7 each level)
Spell Uses Per Day: 4+1/3+1/(1+1)/(1+1)
1st: Arcane Missile, Burning Hands, Charm Person, Comprehend Languages, Silent Image, Slow Fall
0th: Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Light, Message, Prestidigitation, Read Magic

Spellbook
Arcane Mark (a0)
Detect Magic (a0)
Ghost Sound (a0)
Prestidigitation (a0)
Read Magic (a0)
Resistance (a0)
Light (m0)
Mage Hand (m0)
Message (m0)
Charm Person (a1)
Comprehend Languages (a1)
Silent Image (a1)
Arcane Missile (m1)
Burning Hands (m1)
Slow Fall(m1)

Familiar
Mei Mei, Weasel Familiar
Str 3 Agi 15 Sta 10 Int 6 Spi 12 Cha 5
Fort +2 Ref +4 Will +4
Spd 20ft Climb 20ft
AC 15 HP 6 Initiative +2
BAB/Grp: +1/ -11
Atk/Full Atk: Bite +5 (1d3-4)
Skills: Balance +12, Climb +10, Concentration +5, Decipher Script +3, Diplomacy +0, Escape Artist +4, Hide +11, Move Silently +8, Ride +3, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +3, Spot +3
Feats: Agile, Weapon Finesse
SA: Attach
SQ: Improved Evasion, Low Light Vision, Scent

Equipment
Traveler's Outfit
Courtier Outfit with Jewelry 100gp
Backpack 2gp
Spellbook 15gp
Masterwork Staff 600gp
Masterwork Dagger 302gp
Hand of the Mage 900gp
Everful Mug of Ale 450gp
Heavy Horse "Bakemono" 200gp
Riding Saddle 10gp
Saddlebags 4gp
Bit and Bridle 2gp
115gp remain.

Appearance: When not in his court clothes, Lien Phu wears a simple set of travelling clothes, mostly browns and grays in color. He is typical for a Pandaren, the black and white mottled coloring of a Panda bear, but there is a white jagged streak down the black part of his back due to being struck by lightning as a child.

Personality: Lien Phu is a spoiled brat. Though generally jovial and easygoing, he is quite used to getting his way and will not hesitate to let others know this. As bad as this sounds, Lien is a good friend and loyal to a fault. He also enjoys playing with his toy, a mummified hand that allows him to manipulate small objects at a distance, especially if it will get someone else in trouble. He abhors fighting with his natural weapons, as they make him feel less civilized, but will do so in a pinch. He would also rather share a drink with his foes than fight them, but again will fight to protect himself or his friends.

History: Lien Phu was born to a Pandaren diplomat and his noble wife. Travel had always been a part of life for him and he picked up many languages due to his parents wanderings. However at the age of seven, he was struck by a bolt of lightning while climbing a bambus tree. This seemed to awaken something in him and his parents immediately sent him to the Burning Tree School of Magical Arts. Though bitter at first, he soon realized a passion for the Arts and has since focused his life on learning more. He especially took to controlling the elements, namely those of the air and electricity. Though he still maintains contact with his parents, attempting to go to court with them on occasion, his passion remains with seeking out new ways of expanding his knowledge. He has been to many schools and towers searching for this knowledge and it was in the Mages Guild in Stormwind that he found Mei Mei, his weasel familiar. They have maintained not only a master-familiar relationship, but that of longtime friends as well.

[/sblock]

With the 781 gp I have left, I was wondering what you would charge for an Everful Mug of Ale. As Pandaren have a knack for drinking, I felt it would be rather in character to have such a thing. Elsewise, I'll have to find something else I can afford... Either way, let me know what you think/can't stand/ needs to be changed/ etc.

EDIT: Just wanted to mention that I also plan on purchasing a mount for him, but only after I know how much this Mug is going to cost me...

EDIT2: Spells...
EDIT3: Added Mount and Everful Mug of Ale

Last edited:

ASuperHero

First Post
Need to get my equipment down and the formatting fixed, but that will have to wait for tomarow. Here's the Background and Appearance.

Appearance: About as short as a Goblin can be, and as thin as one can be and still remain alive, Chizbolt is almost freakish in his smallness. He has a tiny gotee that is almost always smoldering, and no other body hair. He mumbles to himself constantly. "Chisbolt BOOM. Heh, heh. Ohhhhhh, Nails."

Background: Usually covered in Soot and smelling of Sulphur, Chizbolt is crazy for machines. Well, he is certifiable is any case, the only problem being that once any psychiatric ward finds out who he is, they kick him out. He can put together stuff that is surprisingly explosive with the most remarkably inert materials. After the first asylum had to be rebuilt for the third time and his second therapist was committed for life, he was blacklisted from every asylum for life. Chizbolt latches onto a new adventuring party every so often, only leaving when he finds something new to build or the band itself separates (he really tries not to hit his friends with grenades, but they make such a wonderful sound). He carries his "Nail Cannon" everywhere he goes, and is not shy about showing other mechanically minded people how it works. Most grow exceedingly pale and seem to vanish abruptly in the night after studying it. Everyone who meets him comes away knowing two things:
One- His life is going to end violently. Very violently.
and Two- They don't want to be anywhere near him when it happens.
Most people find the best thing to do with him is point him in the direction of some obstacle and take cover.

Paper_Bard

First Post
Hmmm... I do beleive I have found a mistake with your pandaren. You need to look at the magic section of the wow rpg rulebook for how you prepare spells.

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Yep. I totally spaced that as I was typing him up. It's fixed. Any idea on how much that mug will cost so I can look into what kind of mount I can afford?

Remove ads