• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

World's Largest Dungeon?

jim pinto

First Post
bushfire said:
I am already planning on buying this when it comes out, no way I would pass it up.

One question though, any chance you might make available 8 1/2 x 11 size versions of the maps? Even as a pdf download, even a password protected download, hell I would take a DRM pdf version. The only thing I don't like about the WLD is the 17x22 poster maps. While these look great on a wall, they suck trying to use them during a game.

bushfire

probably not

but photocopies are about a nickel
and color copies are 59 cents

:)

the maps are a little unweildy, but they do bend
so you can pinpoint the quadrant you are in

sorry if that's not much help

MerakSpielman

First Post
You can just scan them in and make your own pdf.

How durable is the map? What kind of material is it printed on? I don't want it falling apart and developing holes in the fold-junctions from constant unfolding-refolding. I would see myself folding it so that only 8.5x11 section where the PCs currently are is visible, so I can keep it behind the screen. Is this type of folding likely to ruin the map after a while?

jim pinto

First Post
MerakSpielman said:
You can just scan them in and make your own pdf.

How durable is the map? What kind of material is it printed on? I don't want it falling apart and developing holes in the fold-junctions from constant unfolding-refolding. I would see myself folding it so that only 8.5x11 section where the PCs currently are is visible, so I can keep it behind the screen. Is this type of folding likely to ruin the map after a while?

It's a pretty sturdy map.

But, you make a good point about posting the pdf.

I'll look into it. Not sure I want people getting it for free.
The maps are worth quite a bit when you see them.

Anyway, I'll talk to my boss, feed it up the chain.

bushfire

First Post
jim pinto said:
It's a pretty sturdy map.

But, you make a good point about posting the pdf.

I'll look into it. Not sure I want people getting it for free.
The maps are worth quite a bit when you see them.

Anyway, I'll talk to my boss, feed it up the chain.

Thanks for at least looking into it. I have become pretty satisified with Necromancer Games' posting of map booklets for thier modules. I can scan them myself of course, but would prefer the lazy way out of just downloading them. :)

bushfire

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
Please put the maps online. Please allow us to look at them and print them out piecemeal. I can't use a friggin 20' map.

That map's a beautiful thing. It does my heart good to see a dungeon big enough to house a nation.

It would be cool if the corridors were big enough that mounted adventurers could wander about, because I like the thought of dungeon corridor cavalry battles.

Patrick Y.

jim pinto

First Post
Arcane Runes Press said:
That map's a beautiful thing. It does my heart good to see a dungeon big enough to house a nation.

It would be cool if the corridors were big enough that mounted adventurers could wander about, because I like the thought of dungeon corridor cavalry battles.

Patrick Y.

that quote is going to haunt me forever, isn't it?

the halls are as big as you want, patrick... heck the goblins ride
yeth hounds

jim pinto said:
that quote is going to haunt me forever, isn't it?

the halls are as big as you want, patrick... heck the goblins ride
yeth hounds

Excellent. That pleases me immensely - though the yeth hound bit does make me want to stat up an Aragorn clone, just so I can have a sight gag of him getting drug across the floor by a dying hound. I dunno, maybe he could, like, fall off a balcony with it or something. :)

And I've had that quote up since the day I got back from GenCon 02. It tricks people into thinking I'm humble, and that I can laugh about myself...

Remove ads