• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

World's Largest Graveyard

just__al

First Post
Here we mourn Signhe. Human Fighter 5. She rushed into battle with hobgoblins, was targeted by a hold person spell, couldn't summon up the will to shake it off and was dispatched while she was unable to do anything but watch a hobgoblin calmly cut her throat since she was totally cut off from her allies.

(failed will save and failed fort save - she had full hp and probably would have survived the CDG had she not failed the fort save and just died)

Hussar

Legend
This marks the death of Theseus, goblin Rogue

No body was recovered as Theseus, after falling victim to a suggestion from an imp, after valiantly evading no less than four separate grapple attacks from his allies, jumped into the eldritch portal and was promptly smeared across 11 dimensions.

Hussar

Legend
Vlad the Sneaky, Halfling scout

Here lies the broken and bloody corpse of Vlad the Sneaky. Died with his skull crushed by the massive blow of a bugbear in region B. He was so sneaky, the party barely knew he was there.

((Strangely enough, the replacement character of Theseus above - lasted exactly 2 hours of game time before being critted, not once, but twice by a bugbear.))

burnrate

First Post
Number five bites the dust!

Right after going into section F, my archer/occult slayer was slapped around like a schoolgirl by a couple of shadows. Once his strength hit zero he started doing some slapping himself! My attrition average leaves a lot to be desired. We have five players in our group and while I have five deaths two players have two, one has three, and one player has only lost one character. So I comprise 38% of all deaths. Aaaagh!

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Epic
'twas not until the Pyrefaust (region J) that the WLD claimed the life of one of my player's characters.

Session 17
Theros the sorcerer was well and BBQed by the immolation of the Ogre Mage upon completion of his ceremony to transform himself into a Divine Elder Fire Elemental. Weep for a scholarly adventurer.

Session 18
In the Shallows (region K) Pyiro the Pseudo-Dragon rogue was crushed into jelly and then devoured by his former master, the dragon Thorodin, after succumbing to the insanity trap protecting the door to G43. Emboldened by his poisoning of the mighty goliath Kuaka, Pyiro insanely attacked the nearest creature, who was, after fleeing the trap for two rounds, the dragon master of the Shallows.

Kuaka the goliath barbarian/cleric was slain by the caustic breath of the dragon Thorodin after recovering from the sting of an insane pseudo-dragon. His melty remains were recovered by the dragon's toadies and devoured.

Merck the Ranger was exsanguinated by his teammate Ovak, bleeding to death in 11 agonizing rounds after a mighty blow from her great axe. His remains were recovered by the dragon and devoured.

Ovak the Half-Orc was bitten in half by the dragon Thorodin, after succumbing to the insanity trap protecting the door to G43. Before her death, she killed her ranger companion, brutally hacked her goliath companion and spent a lot of time babbling incoherently. She was consumed by the dragon as well.

All their remaining gear was gathered up by the dragon's toadies and added to his hoard, leaving nothing for their absent teammates to find.

Session 18 was a TPK for all the players that showed up. Permanent insanity traps are cruel fun. :)

JediSoth

burnrate

First Post
Guess what?

I've lost another! This one was Fisk the ogre who died at the hands of red horns and a rakshasa in F. I'm now responsible for 43% of al party deaths! Wow. The gods of the odds must certainly be with me now. May the Reign of Roja last forever!

Kafkonia

First Post
3 sessions in

Here lies Nyx, Favoured Soul of Elusine
Her goddess's favour extended only so far.

Nyx fell pray to a critical hit from a burning hands trap when moving between two halves of a room. The rest of the party made it through unscathed, but Nyx zigged when she should have zagged and was reduced to a pile of ash.

Here lies Lloyd the Warforged Monk/Rogue
A rogue is supposed to find traps -- but not like that.

Lloyd and his fellow rogue Leeeeeroyyy were scouting ahead of the rest of the party in a room full of pillars with celestial writing, while the barbarian and the warlock stayed behind. Not dissuaded by having narrowly avoided death by fire and lightning (simultaneously), they pressed boldly on. When the pit opened beneath them, Lloyd nobly broke Leeeeeroyyy's fall -- and his own neck. On further investigation, the warlock saw that the celestial script read "Danger: Watch for falling adventurers."

Hussar

Legend
Fatality Number 12

Irkan, goliath fighter, died beneath the magics of Lord Tarnaticus. Dried and dessicated, his corpse was later eaten by the Box.

thecelticking

First Post
WLD Claims A CelestialUnicorn

The WLD has claimed a 12HD Celestial Unicorn named Starlight who was Slade's (14th Level Paladin) mount. She has been with the party for about 2 years now.
Starlight fought against the daemons valiantly even though both of its hind legs were severed by a daemon Wuigart from the book of Fiends that I threw in the dungeon for added flavor. The wuigart delivered the killing blow by severing Starlight in half! Starlight screamed in agony for four more hours before finally passing into the nether world. The party did try & ressurect her by making sure they had all of her body parts together & then casting regeneration first to fuse her together & than expending a 10,000 gp diamond whilst they cast ressurection. Too bad Starlight came back as a Nightmare horse & proceeded to attack them, than they finally had to put her down for good. I love being the DM it's so much fun! LOL

thecelticking

First Post
The WLD claims a Celestial Unicorn!

The WLD has claimed a 12HD Celestial Unicorn named Starlight who was Slade's (14th Level Paladin) mount. She has been with the party for about 2 years now.
The WLD has claimed a 12HD Celestial Unicorn named Starlight who was Slade's (14th Level Paladin) mount. She has been with the party for about 2 years now.Starlight fought against the daemons valiantly even though both of its hind legs were severed by a daemon Wuigart from the book of Fiends that I threw in the dungeon for added flavor. The wuigart delivered the killing blow by severing Starlight in half! Starlight screamed in agony for four more hours before finally passing into the nether world. The party did try & ressurect her by making sure they had all of her body parts together & then casting regeneration first to fuse her together & than expending a 10,000 gp diamond whilst they cast ressurection. Too bad Starlight came back as a Nightmare horse & proceeded to attack them, than they finally had to put her down for good. I love being the DM it's so much fun! LOL

Remove ads