• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

World's Largest Graveyard

burnrate

First Post
Excellent - I didn't know this existed, but have a feeling I'll be posting here entirely too often. We're at fifth level and I'm on my third character. The honored dead include:

Balthazar: Gnome warlock crushed like chicken little by a falling ceiling in Region B

Jeroboam: Human fighter served as lunch to a dire wolf in Region B in the first combat encounter following the above mentioned death of Balthazar

You'll see me again soon.

Hussar

Legend
Well, between 3 separate campaigns all running concurrently in the WLD, I predict that I will be adding a fair list to this shortly.

Would have had one last week if it hadn't of been for those darn kids. :D

Hussar

Legend
Here Lies Rhowyn, Priestess of Nemorga

Confident after the rogue removed the first trap,
Incinerated by the second lightning bolt trap on the lintel.

Death is but a voyage.

burnrate

First Post
Not surprisingly, my third has fallen in region B. This time Basrakan, a 5th level scout killed by several goblins and worgs after tossing his big fireball (5d6) from his necklace to encompass almost all of the bad guys only to roll a 7. Four 1's and a 3 from that stupid fireball. Some of them made their save after that.

I can't wait to get to region C. Maybe I can have a guy live for awhile. I would really like to see a character advance a level for once!

Redemption_1

First Post
WLD Death also.

I play in the same campaign as burnrate, and have a small list of dead to include.

First Gnosh Fistorhand Third level Gnome Warmage, crushed by ceiling trap.

Second Rone Leah 4th Level Human Ranger, ripped apart by orcs while he was charging into a group of them, in his defense, he took out six before he died. :)

BlueBlackRed

Explorer
Another body to add to the pile.

Zorak Ghostal...died to a murderous Wail of the Banshee trap.

Gone...forgotten...and his body was looted by his teammates.

BlueBlackRed

Explorer
Man, I must be a killer DM.

Here lies Torin Malgroth.

He was a survival-of-the-fittest type of guy.
Too bad for him the dragon-skeleton thought he was the weakest of the heard.

burnrate

First Post
Another one gone. I lost my 7th level Goblin cleric of Zagyg named, cleverly, Goblin! He died at the hands of some undead critter in region C that brought him to negative levels and hit points in the same blow. That's really dead! Goblin was my fourth character in three regions. I can only hope my next one is a bit more survivable, although that is unlikely.

Traevanon

First Post
Traevanon's World's Largest Dungeon Register
(copied from another thread, spoilers removed)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! These are the heroes and not-so-heros of the WLD who now live with the gods. Slain while Imprisoned, these are the ones who's souls are lost. Remember them well.

Ielenia Amastacia - Bard 1st
Jirka the Roman - Human Fighter 1st
Killed by a rat swarm after splitting off from the rest of the party due to ideological differences. They also had a Druid with them who died as well, but apparently did not enter his name. All among the breakaway faction were lost.

Brunhilda - Barbarian 3rd
Died during the first fight with Longtail.

Smudge - Half-Orc Monk 4th
Killed during an encounter with an Ogre Barbarian (4th).

Quazit - Kobold Fighter 4th
Killed by the party for actions against the party interests. I believe he objected to the party necromancer wanting to animate Smudge as a zombie.

Khathong - Minotaur Fighter 7th
Elais Mountainsplitter - Human Frenzied Berzerker 7th
Rhyssa - Rakshasa 7th (savage species)
Killed by the Green Death. The party retreated and the green death lives on.

Boyikt (named after what Ikriit was SUPPOSED to be named) - 7th level Kobold sorcerer and apprentice to Ikriit
Killed by the party for repeated violent acts against allies during combat.

Hassan - Human Ranger, Swashbuckler and Kensai
Hassan, during his first day of adventuring with the group, succumbed to repeated lightning bolts and fireballs from Nagas.

Trelenial - Drow Paladin 8th
Failed to resist a death spell fighting a Bone Naga. One of the originals and the first character to be raised (the cleric got 9th level with the XP from the boss fight), she continues to fight with the group.

Remove ads