World's Largest Graveyard

slaunt

First Post
Farewell to Gorban Dankil and his player Jonathan

Well tonight we had quite the adventure. Unfortunately it was to be the last for one of my players who played Gorban Dankil dwarven fighter, he was sacrificed to the gods of Parental Appeasment, and will no longer be playing in my WLD campaign. But at least they allow him to stay in my Arcania 2.0 campaign on thursdays. Gorban will be missed, but we still have Oscar, who incidentally we found out tonight that both of jons characters in the different campaigns had the same last name, and didnt even know it till the session tonight was over.

Anyways,
www.uuld.blogspot.com for my WLD info, tonight we came dangerously close to losing a few characters. heheheh...

Slaunt

Pixie dust

After missing the last session due to illness, I finally got to play. My first character was available once again (the other cleric finally got Break Enchantment), so my second character didn't do anything. He still tags along (as a cohort-to-be), but he does nothing in battle (that's just the way we handle "tag-alongs" in this game).

So, we have to fight a dragon. And we're very nervous about it. But we prevail, due in no small part to the DM's horrible die-rolling. We move on to the next level (both in a character sense--we level'ed up--and a dungeon sense--we moved to the next map).

And very soon, in that new level, we walk through a door with some sort of teleport function. No problem on the way in (a few characters got stunned, but it wore off eventually).

But when we went back through the door, the "side effect" of the teleport was basically a save-or-die spell. :\ One PC died, but used a re-roll (the DM gave us all three re-rolls for Christmas) to save himself. But my second character, my cohort-to-be, failed the save.

Here I mourn Bitenllerk, my Pixie Warmage Spellfire Wielder. His permanent images were used very effectively (both humorously and in battle and sometimes both), and serve as an epitaph of his days in the WLD. Stupid "save-or-die" spells! :mad:

Last edited:

Old_Man_Fish

First Post
The dungeon claims Vikadin, Dwarvern Barbarian 1/Cleric 1. Ripped asunder by monstrous scorpions in E92.

And the party quickly retreats to the safer region A.

Old_Man_Fish

First Post
The largest dwarf you've ever seen

Here Lies Perkiset (Dwarvern Barbarian 1/ Fighter 2) who got into a wrestling match with a darkmantle outside of A54 after running away from the Krenshar in A69.

der_kluge

Adventurer
Here lies Alaria Frosttouch (sorcerer 1), along with 3 of her compatriots.

She died in room A28 along with 3 (almost 4) of her party members when the orc, who would have helped us had we just asked, decided that we deserved a fireball instead after the party Paladin and dwarven cleric decided that he needed to die, even though he wasn't armed, and showed no hostile intentions.

*sigh*

Perhaps my gnome illusionist will fair better.

Old_Man_Fish

First Post
Mass Graveyards are fun.

Here lies Andvari, Dwarvern Cleric 3, who got on the wrong end of Longtail's First Lightning bolt outside of A100.

The dungeon claims Laristh, Kobold Warrior 2, who got the juice from Longtail's First Lightning bolt outside of A100.

Under this plot lies Korim, Aasimir Paladin 2, unwilling recipient of Longtail's Second Lightning bolt outside of A100.

Somewhere below is Sharulf, Dwarvern Rouge 3, who's evasion failed to kick in on Longtail's Second Lightning bolt outside of A100.

Slithss, Lizardfolk Druid 3, noble beast whose love of nature did not extend to Longtail's Second Lightning bolt outside of A100, now pushing up daisies.

Last edited:

Benben

First Post
Here lies Night Pains.

He was a noble Goliath warrior who jumped across a warp gate in Region F to save a fallen comrade. Alas when he jumped back the warp gate hit him with an energy drain to much for his meager hit dice.

I salute your heroism, the party is less without you.

Benben

First Post
Brave, brave, little Filcher, do not run when you are low on hit points and between two barghests. The barghests will catch you in their jaws and make a wish.

Eep your antics drove the party wild but you will be missed.

Remove ads