• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Worst movies ever....

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
pezagent said:
I just watched about 20 minutes of the Dungeons & Dragons movie on TV...

Yeah... I've been yelling at the television for the last forty-five minutes.

God, it's awful.

Edit - Eek! Why is Ridley dressed like the Fonz?

Edit - Wait... isn't that the Imperial March? :-\

-Hyp.

Last edited:

MrFilthyIke

First Post
Hypersmurf said:

God, it's awful.

Edit - Eek! Why is Ridley dressed like the Fonz?

Edit - Wait... isn't that the Imperial March? :-\

-Hyp.

I wonder how quickly the enworld people got "fundraise" a Bump Off The Director Before Number 2 Is Made fund. :D

pezagent

First Post
Hypersmurf said:

I'm surprised you lasted 45 minutes. After posting I returned to the television, only to find Thora Birch in a very bad costume that made her head look about ten times bigger than it probably is.

I remember a thread in here about Howard Stern giving D&D a bad rep--however, I think this movie does far more damage. I think any concerned D&D player should petition Blockbuster Video to have it removed permanently from the shelves. Just say it has devil-worshiping in it and the Bible-Belt will act immediately.

The thing is--not only did I not like what I saw--but it actually made me feel violent. Honestly, I wanted to punch somebody for making that movie. For any young, eager directors out there wanting to make a fantasy picture, I have a few tips:

1. Fantasy illustration does not always translate well to the big screen. Blue lipstick may look cool in a graphic novel, but on a real person it's Southpark gay.

2. If you don't have the budget to make fantasy weapons, please don't attempt to make them using leftover parts from the local salvage yard.

3. Having your actors make facial expressions in every shot every two minutes is really annoying. (I think this is where I got annoyed--it was like watching kids on speed that had been up all night drinking Red Bull.)

4. Whatever you may think, any Wayans brother is not a good choice for a fantasy picture--especially when they wear pajamas. And especially pajamas with the little feet attached.

4.5 If one must use a Wayans brother in a fantasy picture, waiting more than twenty minutes to kill him off is far too much time. Dedicating a boom crane shot to his death scene could have been budgeted more wisely--like using the extra funds to hire a better writer. Or at the very least, better craft services for the crew.

5. If your characters are standing around posing a lot, you should probably produce a graphic novel, not a movie.

6. Hiring costume designers who used to be club-kids isn't a good idea. The cheese-factor is doubled and we end up with foam-inserts, sparkly things, and--blue lipstick.

/johnny :)

ConnorSB

First Post
I have it on DVD, so I got to watch all the "extras."

My number one rule of all time ever: never, ever, ever name a main character Snails.

Rule number two: Never, ever, ever ever ever, if your character is named snails, should you let him die.

Rule number three: Never let anyone morn snails.

"SNNNNAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLSSS! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Kesh

First Post
If you have the DVD, be sure to watch the 'Alternate Ending' on the extras.

That's how the film should have ended!

pezagent

First Post
lol...

snails...

Honestly, I think the D&D movie is a great argument for kids to take drugs so that they may be released from the hell that binds them and commands them to participate in this sort of... thing...

snails... now every time I hear that I'm going to crack up...

/johnny :)

Klaatu B. Nikto

First Post
I'm sure someone has mentioned this before but another really BAD movie is the blockbuster bomb Battlefield Earth. Some parts were okay but I just can't think of what they were. The end credits?

Oh. How about The Cabin Boy? Ditto for that Tom Green movie, Freddie Got Fingered. Ugh.

Altalazar

First Post
Klaatu B. Nikto said:
I'm sure someone has mentioned this before but another really BAD movie is the blockbuster bomb Battlefield Earth. Some parts were okay but I just can't think of what they were. The end credits?

Oh. How about The Cabin Boy? Ditto for that Tom Green movie, Freddie Got Fingered. Ugh.

Oh come now! Battlefield Earth was HILARIOUS - I couldn't stop laughing at Travolta - what a looney for doing that movie! And so implausible, all the way across... hilarious. Would make a great film for MST3K.

Remove ads