• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Worst series ending concepts

fett527

First Post
Came up in the LOST thread. What was the worst ending concept for a series?

I'd go with St. Elsewhere. It ends up the whole show was the brainchild of some genius kid staring at the hospital in a snowglobe. Anything worse?

I'd go with St. Elsewhere. It ends up the whole show was the brainchild of some genius kid staring at the hospital in a snowglobe.

Whoa whoa whoa there, monkeyboy. St. Elsewhere's ending, while lame in and of itself, gets a free pass from me for collapsing the ENTIRE TV UNIVERSE under it's own cosmological/ontological baggage. You gotta love it just for that.

I'm gonna go with Millennium. Three seasons of soul-numbing horror, and he just drives off into the sunset with his daughter? Even lamer was the reprise of Millennium in the form of that X-Files ep where they brought Frank back, and the Millennium Group's master plan involved a bunch of zombies or something. So undignified.

Dark Jezter

First Post
Final episode of Seinfeld sucked. I hate clip shows.

I also didn't care much for the final episode of M*A*S*H, but that whole series took a big downhill slide after Alan Alda took creative control.

Crothian

First Post
Dark Jezter said:
Final episode of Seinfeld sucked. I hate clip shows.

I also didn't care much for the final episode of M*A*S*H, but that whole series took a big downhill slide after Alan Alda took creative control.

ACtually, it improved greatly once he got it :cool:

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
*agreed that the X-Files meeting Millenium ending was a pretty sucky way to conclude the show*

At least with the Lone Gunmen, X-files gave the boys a good send off.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads