(WoT) The Finding of the Dragon OoC Thread- FULL

Mithreander

Explorer
Well, I've decided to let the 6 of you go in a group, since it does not look like we'll have enough to have to simultanious threads... That is if all the characters are finished.

Cheers.

ES2

First Post
Hmmm...that's going to probably take a day or two to come up with Mith... now I must ask myself why the Amirilin Seat (probably misspelled) chose me for this secret mission.

Mithreander

Explorer
Yup... but if you need help, I can provide something for you... but it will be more of a dark secret that she could reveal that would ruin your characters life, or some other such thing.

Take your time.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
OK, I came up with a possible idea on why the Amyrlin would send me... but I wanna get your opinion on whether it's a good one. I figure she knows who and where I am, and could turn me over to the Whitecloaks... so I'm more or less forced to comply. Kinda along the lines of your ideas, likely.

Anyway, what I can't decide is whether the Whitecloaks would even accept the word of who in their view is the head honcho witch.

ES2

First Post
Would this work as a brief background until I get something more detailed worked out:

Somebody who knows somebody else who knows the Amyrilin Seat told her that they know somebody who knows me who knows that I am a good tracker and that they need me for my skills, so they sent somebody to get me for this mission, and right now my character is kind of confused as to who this person is that knows me, how they know me, and why I got picked for this. Plus, the fact that I'm a Latent Sniffer may also come up as to why I was picked, but that's up to you.

Oh, did I finish my character or are there a few other things I need to do?

If this background is weak, tell me it is, and then toss me an idea that sounds like it could also work. I would like him to be a good character and see him really develop.

Mithreander

Explorer
Sure todd, welcome aboard! Start making you character asap!

Dagger75... I know how you feel! I'm still looking for mine, and I'm afraid that I'm going to have to replace it, and just for this game, since I have not played it with paper and pen even once since i had gotten the book! Yetch!

ES2... Think on this: Your father has told you that your brother is in the tower right now, training to be a warder. Unfortunately, this is only partially true. He was actually a wilder who was gentled and is being kept alive in the tower. The ammerlin knows this (of course) and has asked you to come down to Tar Valon to help the tower. Now, you really do not want to be associated with the one power. Especially since your mother is a telented Wisdom that can listen to the wind and do many meraculous things. If the tower brought everyones attention to your family with the power, it could spell disaster to everyone.

Of course, the summons held no such threatens, and was only a summons, but you KNOW that they hold the livelyhood of your family in their hands.

Feel free to change smoe/all to fit your purposes.

Andrew: The ammerlin would not go tell them herself, she would have someone they trust tell them. I would push it a little further. If you DO do this, then they will think about adding your name to the novice list. As it is, you would be too old for them to normally concider taking you in now.

Remove ads