• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Would you like a 5e video game akin to Neverwinter Nights & Neverwinter Nights 2?

Would you like a video game?

• Yes, I would like a 5e video game similar to Neverwinter Nights style.

Votes: 93 73.8%
  • Yes, I would like a 5e video game, but with a different style.

Votes: 26 20.6%
  • No, I do not want a 5e video game.

Votes: 7 5.6%

JonnyP71

Explorer
The Baldurs Gate series were vastly superior as D&D experiences to the NWN games. That's not to say the NWN games were bad, I enjoyed them.

But BG/BG2 were simply better, and a 5E game along their lines would be just the ticket!

Wiseblood

Adventurer
I liked most of the D&D video games. I would like to buy a game. By that I mean buy a game. Not a free game with micro transactions or pay to win. They make me feel dirty. I don't like pay DLC either but that isn't degeneracy to me. Would it kill someone to make a damn game that doesn't have that? Oh no, I must go before I fly into rant-rage.

Be well.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
Give me a D&D game that utilizes the Turn based action in Divine Divinity Original Sin 2.

I think that is probably, the best chassis for D&D. With some obvious tweaks.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I liked most of the D&D video games. I would like to buy a game. By that I mean buy a game. Not a free game with micro transactions or pay to win. They make me feel dirty. I don't like pay DLC either but that isn't degeneracy to me. Would it kill someone to make a damn game that doesn't have that? Oh no, I must go before I fly into rant-rage.

Be well.
It's not that it would kill anyone, it just wouldn't be as financially viable.

The Old Crow

Explorer
I would love a game that had a toolset like NWN1. Had great fun trying to convert an old campaign to it. My husband and I made Rainbow Kitten Land for our daughter. Even my mother joined in to make Gramma's house, and she doesn't do computer games or D&D. Soon my daughter was creating her own adventures for her friends, which generally involved the diabolical Winnie the penguin as the BBEG, who would get players to go on quests for her then turn on them at the end in a hail of fireballs. That toolset was gold.

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
Pillars of eternety are pretty much 3.5e with a small twist.

And 2nd game is coming out next year.

Don't know exactly the details, maybe they will make it more 5e like-ish?

PoE is a great game, and I look forward to the sequel, but it's single player only. NWN had great multiplayer, and a great toolset for creating your own adventures.

Isn't there an NWN Enhanced Edition coming out soon?

Yes! I'll be getting it for sure.

Is this not what the Sword Coast Legends game is?

Sadly no. SCL was too far away from how 5e rules work. NWN was like a 3e tutorial. It was a great gateway into D&D.

I'd prefer it be more in the spirit of Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate 2 rather than Neverwinter Nights.

BG 1 & 2 are all-time classics. NWN 1 & 2 are interesting toolsets bundled with mediocre games (though I heard good things about Mask of the Betrayer).

I agree, but to me it was the story of the Baldur's gate games that made them so engaging. NWN as a game was a lot more intuitive for me to play. Interestingly someone actually took BG1 and made it into an adventure for NWN2. It was an interesting blend of games.

So yes I want game based on 5e with a story quality comparable to BG1-2 but gameplay, toolsets, and multiplayer similar to NWN. This would be they holy grail of D&D games to me.

Once NWN: EE comes out, it would be interesting to see what kind of tweaks could be made to make a mod that owuld make it more 5e like.

Wiseblood

Adventurer
It's not that it would kill anyone, it just wouldn't be as financially viable.

Did you just say financially viable? D&D is a recognized brand with its own IP and fanbase. All you need for success is meet your deadlines and make a game that doesn't suck. (Hell it's a game based on a game, no need to reinvent the wheel)
If you release the game three years after your original release date it will bomb.

Remove ads