D&D 5E Would you use Paladin "smite" spells if they were not concentration?

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Try not to quote a huge text block if all you have to say is "no", mkay?

Sent from my C6603 using EN World mobile app

Advice ignored. There's only a few ways on a forum to tell the guy I was talking about a specific post of his. Quoting it is the most common way. The @ symbol can work too but can sometimes cause confusion over which post you are referring to. So to express my opinion that those are bad ideas over all Quoting his post was a good solution. Do I need to go into detail about why I think they were bad ideas when he didn't go into detail about why he thought they were good ideas?

Thurmas

Explorer
Advice ignored. There's only a few ways on a forum to tell the guy I was talking about a specific post of his. Quoting it is the most common way. The @ symbol can work too but can sometimes cause confusion over which post you are referring to. So to express my opinion that those are bad ideas over all Quoting his post was a good solution. Do I need to go into detail about why I think they were bad ideas when he didn't go into detail about why he thought they were good ideas?

Nope! Your unwavering approval of part of my post was enough!

Volund

Explorer
IMO the Battlemaster's system of superiority dice should be used more extensively throughout 5e. I haven't really thought it through, but replacing Divine Smite with Smite Dice and changing the smite spells to rider effects when the Smite dice are used could give the smite spells more life.

I play a Paladin 6 and I save my spells for buffs (Bless, Magic Weapon) and crit-smites. I'm not going to cast Wrathful Smite to do an extra d6 of damage when that same slot will drop 6d8 on a fiend or undead on a crit.

CM

Adventurer
Both paladins in my games like to have buff spells like bless, protection from evil, aura of vitality, or shield of faith running, so I removed the concentration requirement and just let them be cast as a bonus action after an attack lands.

Remove ads