D&D (2024) Playtest 6: Paladin ... Divine Smite is a Spell now

Sir Brennen

Legend
In a game with literally over 500 spells, other magical effects are turned into spells to streamline everything.

After all, what is a spell? A magical effect. What is divine smite? A magical effect...specifically one that required spell slots to function.

I think at this point, WotC should go all the way and just turn every actual magical effect into a spell, lay out every mundane effect as if it were a spell, call everything "Powers" and make classes collections of guaranteed powers, optional powers, and powers you can choose from.
This... sounds familiar.

mellored

Legend
When they ask for feedback, I'm going to ask for the paladin's weapon proficiencies be changed to just 'short stick with a star on the end'. If it's all magic, it should be magic.
They already have those.
main-qimg-3968cf243fb42010942b16eda56375b0-lq

Chaosmancer

Legend
When they ask for feedback, I'm going to ask for the paladin's weapon proficiencies be changed to just 'short stick with a star on the end'. If it's all magic, it should be magic.

While I am amused at the picture of a paladin with the Star Rod... how was Divine Smite not magical before?

Remove ads