X-Men/X-Changed, Issue1: Trial By Fire

Hellzon

First Post
"Alright. Alright! I'll stay out here, but I think I'll let the lady give me an explanation, if she can and wants to," Frank says with a look towards Sharon, while inching closer to the car. "Care to enlighten me, or should I just go with this other woman?"

Velenne

Explorer
Flex marches up to the prone kid and hauls him up by the collar- backwards of course, so that the kid's back is to him. "No need to have another Red-Eye experience, eh amigo? And don't start getting pissy with me. You want to blame someone, blame your parents. Or God. Or the media or something, but not us. We're here to help." He gives the unconcious form a little shake before tossing him over his shoulder like a ragdoll and looking at Charles Xavier for guidance.

Mimic

First Post
Keep doing that and I'm going to barf all over you. A weak voice comes from behind him.

Put me down, I'm fine. I can walk.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Mistress Mind: Human/Female (PL8)

-Psyche
21:31
another namelss back alley...

Mistress Mind’s face warps in anger but her voice, remains calm, cold and calculating, “Leave you alone? Just like you left her alone? Yes, maggot, I think that can be arranged.”

Her eyes flare briefly as she lashes out with her mind again…

OOC: Free Actions: Force Field (5 ranks) and Maintain sustained mental assaults on both suits.

Last edited:

Calinon

First Post
Sharon just shakes her head at the driver. "Not a lot to explain really. She's right though. Charles is a telepath and possibly the most powerful mutant on the planet. But he's also a teacher, and a to many of his students, a father. He teaches mutants like you and me how to control and develop their powers." Sharon focus a moment, looking at the driver, checking for weapons with her vision, then checking the vehicle itself for anything odd as she continues.

"The most powerful, most promising, of his kids are given a shot at joining his 'X-men.' Guess they are kind of like the Avengers, you know, out to save the world from unspeakable evil?" she says with a chuckle. "Nobody is forced into it. Guess Charles could force people to join if he really wanted, but why the hell would I be here if that was the case. Besides, Charles doesn't need to do that to make his kids loyal," she says with a bit of a hard stare at the driver.

"But most of his X-men have vanished. Only one came back from a mission, and he can't remember a thing. So Charles is trying to get together a rescue party of sorts. If you want to have some excitement, you're welcome to come. But nobody is here to force you. You can hop in your pal's limo and do whatever; I'll just tell Charles you weren't interested. He just said you were bored and wanted a little excitement. Well, I can't promise the little part, but excitement... if I know Charles, you'll have that in spades."

Lemme know if there is any weapons or odd gadgets I spot in the limo or on the driver.

Radiant

First Post
-Shar, Data
08:11
On the street in front of Frank's place

There is nothing extraordinary about the limo but Shar notices several things about the driver. First you can feel an active X-Factor so she is a mutant. Second she has gun under her vest and third she isn't a driver at all. Not that there aren't good looking women doing that job but she is just too perfect. From her incredibly attractive figure to her carefully bound back blond hair she looks like you would expect it in a movie. Even her cap is turned slightly to the side to prevent her from looking to stern in the clothes. Someobe from outside your buisness would probably never notice it but even her uniform is just slightly too tight. Together with the brand new car she looks like what you would sent if you wanted to impress a boy who spends most of his time in front of a screen.
The women eyes Shar as closely as she does her but speaks to Frank.
"Terrific. I don't know her so he allready has another one under his power. If you get anythere near that Xavier you are lost. I won't force you to get in but don't let her get near you, she might be conditioned to attack if you don't agree to come with her."
She hits a key and the backdoor opens in case Frank wants to get in.

Calinon

First Post
"Oh puh-leeze," Shar says rolling her eyes. "You're not a stupid man, Frank. I can tell that from talking with you for thirty seconds. I have no idea where you're going, or where you think you are going with her, but before you go, I'd ask her about the gun she's holstering under her jacket, why she looks more like a movie limo driver than an actual one, who wouldn't be working in clothes that binding, and maybe while you're at it, you should get a look at her class 2 license. See if she's actually even a limo driver," Shar says.

"I don't make you any promises, Frank. I'm just a private investigator with an old motorbike, the people who are like family to me are in trouble, and I am suffereing a severe lack of sleep in the last 36 hours. You won't get rich coming with me. I can't even afford to play dress up like she can," Sharon says with a nod at the driver. "I can't buy a limo, but I do have," she says, digging into her jean pockets, "enough for a couple of cups of coffee on the way to Westchester," she adds with a smile. "And I willing to share the coffee, even though I really want to hog it all."

She sighs. "You can ask me whatever you want, Frank, and I'll answer your questions as best I can. I can't expect you to choose that," she says, jerking a thumb at her bike, "over this limo without any questions. But I'd ask a few questions of your driver if I were you."

Hellzon

First Post
Data

Frank looks back and forth from one woman to the other, confusion raging in his head. Gun? Not an actual driver? Then, finally, something he heard only ten minutes earlier pops back up in his head. Of course, it was always there. Frank never forgets anything.

The downside is that we have to steal, lie and fight to survive.

This other woman never mentioned any of that. Sure, she could be out to get him for some "highly effective and loyal strike team", but wasn't that what the woman in the limo was here for, too? Only she was honest about it in that case, he thinks with an inward chuckle. Oh, what the heck, at least biker woman isn't open about being some kind of criminal.

Frank pushes the back door shut with a sigh, and looks apologetically at the driver. "Sorry, I'll take my chances with..." He looks at Sharon "eh, I don't think we're actually introduced yet, but you've convinced me. I'm Frank, as you seem to know already. And you? By the way, got space for a suicase on that bike?"

Last edited:

Calinon

First Post
"Oh, I'm sorry, Frank. I could tell you that, but then I'd have to kill you," she says with a grin. "Just kidding! You can chalk that up to me being very tired; both the bad joke and my forgetfullness. I'm Sharon. Sharon McAllister. We can tie your suitcase on no problem though, if your sure about coming with me."

Radiant

First Post
-Shar, Data
08:13
On the street in front of Frank's place

The features of the driver don't look so perfect anymore then she glares angry at Shar. She hands out another of the stairs to Frank then she hears his decision and then leans back with a sigh, visibly forcing herself to relax.
"Kids, why do I bother at all. I tried to play this nicely I really did but you are not leaving me a choice now."
She hits a key and the window seperating herself from the passenger section lowers an inch.
"Dear, please get me that brat. And let's take care of Xaviers new lapdog while at it."
Frank might never forget what he saw but he did not take a look into the limo then he slammed the door shut. Exactly that door is opening again now.
The first thing you see under it is a pair of running shoes. Following suit is the body of a young women that lightly lifts herself out of the car. You would exepct her to be no older than 16 and she is wearing a dark green jumpsuit. Then her head gets out in the open the most striking thing about her appearance is the huge, perfectly white streak in her otherwise auburn hair...

Remove ads