X-Men/X-Changed, Issue1: Trial By Fire

Hellzon

First Post
Data

"I trust that you noticed what the files I just sent you mean. They are killing machines, built only to exterminate people like you. And me"

People like me? And him? Mutants? "Who..." Frank is just about to ask who the man is, when he continues...

"And there is no way to hide from them. Their mutant scanners can find you if you use your powers or not."

Pessimistic much? Frank glances back at the computer screen. Though he has a point, it does look like some kind of killer robot. Armor, lasers, gene scanners. Scanners for mutant genes? A worried expression settles on Franks face. This could be seriously bad if it's true...

"And our talents are needed to prevent problems like them. If you are good enough that is"

"Good enough? I suppose I could handle a machine. Now, how about you tell me who you are, and you might get my interest..." With that, Frank grips the phone in one hand and sits down in front of the computer again, skimming the SENTINEL files again while waiting for a reply from the unknown voice.

Velenne

Explorer
"Whoa," Flex says as a means of greeting, his appreciation for Shar's form barely concealed, "Uh? No wait, lemme guess! Sharon right? Ya ya, Prof is waitin' for ya. I made the coffee strong enough to make your hair fall out. Xavier ain't bald for no reason y'know. I'm Flex, by the way."

The towering meathead extends a meaty paw toward her and tries his best not to crush hers like a grape. Afterwords, he leads her back to the kitchen where the brew awaits.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Phoenix [Brandon Laine]

Angela said:
Trying to relax some, she tried making conversation. "Uh... what month is it?"

Brandon looked somewhat surprised by the question. Lucky for him he had eyes of fire, which made these reactions less apparent. Acting casual, he went to answer the question . . . then had to remember himself what month it was. It used to be so automatic . . . the months were based on what his training was and what sport was active.

"Uh . . . May, I think," Brandon said, chuckling, "Almsot forgot myself. I haven't really had much in the way of variation to really think about what day it was or even what month it was. 'Course, living on the left coast helps, too."

Brandon got quiet for a few seconds, thinking about what he was missing, spring ball, training, draft camps, end of the track season. He sighed, those days were long gone, but still painful to think about all that he had missed. The news reports had died down, but Brandon was strictly an ESPN, MTV kinda guy - he didn't have much time for the news.

"Danny always seems to hide his remote. I don't think it's on purpose . . . but if we find it, we can catch up on end of Lettermen, MTV or whatever," Brandon offered.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Alicia Emmrich: Human/Female (PL5)

The bullet might not have made a noise but Alicia let out a shriek as it slams into the masonry next to her, There going to kill me!

Alicia had little or no doubt about it and the impact of such a thought made the tears flow down her dirty cheeks and she screams out in a panicked voice, “I didn’t see anything!”

As she fights to choke back the tears she realize in horror at some point she had stopped running, “Please! I didn’t see anything…”

Her own thought trials off as she realizes that one more death will not haunt these people’s conscience. Struggling with a headache and the queasy feeling in her stomach she again starts to run down the ally.

Last edited:

Dark Nemesis

First Post
"May..." She repeated thoughtfully. Then, it occurred to her that she was not entirely sure when she had first been put into the asylum. So she had no way of knowing how long she had been in there. Then again, that was not a very happy topic to think about, so she tried to take her mind off of it.

She regarded Brandon for a moment, tilting her head to one side as she examined him. He seemed to be deep in thought, with a serious expression upon his face. She wondered what he was thinking about, and was just about to ask when he spoke up.

"Danny always seems to hide his remote. I don't think it's on purpose . . . but if we find it, we can catch up on end of Lettermen, MTV or whatever," Brandon offered.

"Sure... sounds good to me," she replied. She then remembered the white practice uniform Danny had given her. "Maybe I should get a quick shower, before Danny comes back..."

Calinon

First Post
"Whoa," Flex says as a means of greeting, his appreciation for Shar's form barely concealed, "Uh? No wait, lemme guess! Sharon right? Ya ya, Prof is waitin' for ya. I made the coffee strong enough to make your hair fall out. Xavier ain't bald for no reason y'know. I'm Flex, by the way."

The towering meathead extends a meaty paw toward her and tries his best not to crush hers like a grape. Afterwords, he leads her back to the kitchen where the brew awaits.
Sharon takes an involuntary step back when confronted with the appearance of Flex. If this were anywhere else, that would seem scary, she thinks to herself.

"I'm sure you are," Sharon says, stifling a yawn. "Charles always told me I made him bald. I never bought into that yarn either," she adds, yawning again. "Coffee, lotsa milk, double sweet. C'mon, before I have a nap on the lawn," she says, not quite willing to shake hands for some reason.

"How's Charles doing? He sounded stressed on the phone."

Last edited:

Radiant

First Post
-Data:
08:04
Frank's apartment

"And what use would a name be now? You will meet me soon enough. But I can give you this courtesy"
The voice changes to a more natural sounding but rather harsh female.She must have switched of the sound filters.
"We can use your skills and it is in your best interest to work with us. And even better I am willing to compensate you generously for your services. Take your time to decide there are certain dangers in our line of work. Take a look outside your window."
Then you do you see a black limo with tinted class stop in front of the building.
"I have no intention of forcing you to anything so you now have three options. Others have been alerted to your presence and they will come after you this morning. You can either try to go on with your life and wait there you are. You will not like what happens then they meet you. Your second option is to take your bags and run right now. If you do not waste time your chances of getting out of town are not that bad. You will probably be hiding for the next few years and won't know what you will eat or there you will sleep the next day. But you can make it.
Last you can get into the car waiting for you down there. That's the tough choice because you got to have sand to make it in our lifestyle.
The car will be waiting until exactly 10:00. Think about it, and if you don't get in you will never hear from me again."

Radiant

First Post
-Shar, Flex:
8:35
Westchester, New York
The Xavier Institute of Higher Learning at Graymalkin Lake

The Professor joins you in the kitchen after you had your first cup of coffee.
He looks tired and confused but at least still determined.
"Thank you for coming Sharon. There is much to do and I can't handle it all alone. Let's make it short for now: The X-Men have vanished."
He takes a look at Flex.
"That's the name the other students here use then they go on their missions. If this all goes as I fear you will know more than you like about that before this day is over. Anyway. Scott is the only one who is still here but whatever he met he can not go back to face it alone. I tried to contact Hank but the Avengers are in Latveria. And even if that would not be the case I do not know if they would help us at all. They still see us as outlaws."

Calinon

First Post
"Ohmygod," Sharon says, stunned. "Vanished?"

"Is Scott alright? Did he tell you anything about what happened or where the others are? He wouldn't just leave them," she says, thinking through what she knew of the mutants that made up the team. "I can't believe the others could be dead. You'd know if that happened. Wouldn't you?"

She tries to drink her coffee but finds her appetite for it gone.

"Anything I can do to help, Charles, you know I will do it. They're the closest thing to family I ever had, next to you."

Velenne

Explorer
Flex just scratches his head- which he suddenly feels he's in way over.

"Wait. So... X-um...men?" Ain't that kinda sexist? Little Hottie Redhead ain't a man. Hey I'm not sayin' nuthin' if the chick don't. "Mission? Avengers?? Like Captain America and all those guys!? You and Tigger-finger-One-eye know them??"

Better to stay silent and thought a fool, mosquito... Ya, tia always knew when to talk. Though why she called me mosquito I'll never get. Man, just shut up and hear him out!

Flex keeps his mouth shut and decides to save the rest of his questions for later.

Remove ads