X-Men/X-Changed, Issue1: Trial By Fire

Hellzon

First Post
Data

"The voice changes to a more natural sounding but rather harsh female.She must have switched of the sound filters."

"That's better..."

"I have no intention of forcing you to anything so you now have three options. Others have been alerted to your presence and they will come after you this morning. You can either try to go on with your life and wait there you are. You will not like what happens then they meet you."

Why me?

"Your second option is to take your bags and run right now. If you do not waste time your chances of getting out of town are not that bad. You will probably be hiding for the next few years and won't know what you will eat or there you will sleep the next day. But you can make it."

Not really an option, that. I need to find out what this woman is talking about.

Last you can get into the car waiting for you down there. That's the tough choice because you got to have sand to make it in our lifestyle.
The car will be waiting until exactly 10:00. Think about it, and if you don't get in you will never hear from me again."

"Your lifestyle? And what would that be?" Frank says into the phone while walking off to the closet, looking for his trunk. "Interesting morning", yeah. Dammit!

Radiant

First Post
-Psyche
21:31
another namelss back alley...

Then they realize that Alicia has stopped the two suits slow down to a walk.
"Sorry girl it's nothing personal. Just stay still and I promise it won't hurt a bit."
The one speaking now has string italian accent.
Two more shots blast into the concrete around your feet. (17 and 11, Will save 15)

Initiative:
Psyche: 4
Suits: 10

Alicia just managed to turn around and start running again then the men finally find their aim (21 and 19 for the shots. ).
You feel pain spread in your right shoulder and the last thing you notice before you loose consciousness is the concrete hitting your face. By the time the second shot draws some blood from your arm you don't even notice it. (damage save of 4, falied by 14 and got disabled)

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Angela said:
"Sure... sounds good to me," she replied. She then remembered the white practice uniform Danny had given her. "Maybe I should get a quick shower, before Danny comes back..."

“Good idea,” Brandon said as he hopped up from the recliner. Playing the part of tour guide, Brandon walked to the full bathroom pointing out interesting facts about the pictures and pieces of furniture along the way . . . all of them completely made up. He spoke in the fake tour guide voice and keep a grin on his face the whole time.

“. . . and this fine piece of Americana, the floor lamp, has an amazing history and can be bought for $20 at your local superstore. While over here, is a picture of Danny at a local tournament . . . sound captured at the time of the picture was rumored to have heard Danny saying ‘Wax on, was off” though there really was no proof . . . ”

“ . . . and here’s the bathroom, towels on the rack, shower supplies should be in the shower – I think there’s even some of that women’s fragrance shampoo in there somewhere – no that I know anything about that . . . though it does smell good. Exhaust fan switch is right there and the hair dryer is in this drawer. Give me a holler if you need anything else.”

Brandon then jogged back to his spare clothes and changed out of his uniform and into casual, loose fitting clothes (a USC sweat shirt and baggy jeans), cleaning up a bit from the night on the rooftops. He then hurried back to be within earshot if Angela needed anything.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
She followed Brandon on the tour, smiling and occasionally laughing at what he said. It felt really good to laugh. She still felt exhausted though, and hoped that a quick shower would help wake her up some. "Thanks. If there is women's shampoo in there, I'm sure I'll find it."

She went into he bathroom, and shut the door behind her. She was so focused on getting a shower that she barely glanced in the mirror, so she did not notice that the area around her eyes now appeared to be on fire.

A few minutes later, feeling cleaned up and refreshed, she changed into the white practice uniform. She retrieved the hair dryer from the drawer and plugged it in, eyeing her reflection critically. It was then that she noticed the fire around her eyes for the first time, and stared at her reflection in shock. Then, she did the only thing that made sense when someone thought their eyes were on fire. She screamed.

Radiant

First Post
-Gemini, Phoenix:
00:26
Danny Rand's place

Iron Fist or Danny rand is more than just your generic guy. He is a master martial artist with self discipline and awareness beyond anything most people can imagine. His mastery of his own body went so far that he can create energy through his will alone to soround his strikes.
All that doesn't prevent him from looking damn stupid then he enters his loft and drops a bag of burgers on his foot. Cause like any generic guy he is still not expecting to scream of a panicked women from his bathroom.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Phoenix [Brandon Laine]

Danny Rand's place

‘Long pass down the right side line . . . definitely some jostling between Laine and the all-pro defensive back . . . Laine stretches . . . and Makes the Grab!! The crowd goes wild as . . .’ Brandon’s thoughts were interrupted.

Angela said:
Then, she did the only thing that made sense when someone thought their eyes were on fire. She screamed.

Brandon bolted upright, out of his reverie, only then noticing Danny just entering the apartment. “I got it, boss,” Brandon commented as he rushed to the bathroom door . . . then stopped.

’What do I do? Do I rush in guns blazing or wait respectfully outside? Damn . . . screw it,’ Brandon tapped on the door twice and called out “Everything okay in there, Angela?”

He tried the door . . .

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Danny Rand's place

"Ohmigod ohmigod ohmigod," She turned on the tap and started splashing water on her face as quickly as she could, her thoughts going a mile a minute. How'd this happen? How'd I manage to catch my eyes on fire? I didn't see any sparks... but eyes aren't supposed to just catch on fire! She glanced back up at the mirror, saw that the flames were still there, and splashed some more water on her face. One would think if their eyes were on fire, it would hurt a lot more. And wait a moment... how can I still see if my eyes were on fire? She paused then, confused. Slowly, she raised one trembling hand to her eyes, but did not feel anything. No heat. No pain. A hallucination, then? She examined her reflection a little bit closer. She had no way of knowing if it was a hallucination or not. But... didn't Brandon's eyes look like they were burning? What in the world was going on here?

She turned to look as the door opened, and gave Brandon a look of puzzlement. Then she realized that she must have screamed and blushed, obviously embarrassed. "Uhm.... sorry. I... I thought my eyes were on fire..." she stuttered stupidly. Frankly, she felt like an idiot.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Phoenix [Brandon Laine]

Danny Rand's place

Angela said:
She turned to look as the door opened, and gave Brandon a look of puzzlement. Then she realized that she must have screamed and blushed, obviously embarrassed. "Uhm.... sorry. I... I thought my eyes were on fire..." she stuttered stupidly. Frankly, she felt like an idiot.

Brandon nodded, then looked down the hall, giving Danny the thumbs up 'everything's okay' sign. "Don't feel bad, Angela, you should have seen the amount of Visine I went through before I realized it was just an outward display of my power."

Brandon leaned against the door frame and continued, "When you turned into me on the street, your eyes were flaming then. When you changed back, your eyes were still flaming. Danny may have some explanation better than I could. Why don't you finish up in here and come on out? Food's here!"

Brandon smiled and looked at Angela. 'Wow,' he thought, 'she cleans up real nice . . .'

"Gonna be okay?" Brandon asked, compassion and understanding still in his voice.

Last edited:

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Danny Rand's place

Brandon leaned against the door frame and continued, "When you turned into me on the street, your eyes were flaming then. When you changed back, your eyes were still flaming. Danny may have some explanation better than I could. Why don't you finish up in here and come on out? Food's here!"

She listened to his explanation, calming down slightly as he spoke. Her eyes strayed back to the mirror, and she regarded the flames properly. She had never had flaming eyes before. Finally, she offered him a small smile. "Okay, I will. Thanks." She felt a little bit better, but she could not help but to wonder if her eyes would look like this forever.

"Gonna be okay?" Brandon asked, compassion and understanding still in his voice.

"I think so," she said in reply. She looked a lot less frightened, but her voice was still trembling slightly. It would take her a few moments more to calm down. She took a few deep breaths, before adding, "I just need to dry my hair, and I'll be right out..."

Radiant

First Post
-Gemini, Phoenix:
00:27
Danny Rand's place

Danny gice Brandon the `nothing is allright, I have a cheesburger on my foot' look. He stays out of the bathroom and is just relieved that Brandon handles it. He spreads the food over the table and it looks like he bought the whole shop so the unfortunate cheesburger from before is not missed.

Remove ads