• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Xanathar's Guide Shows Up In The Wild!

Xanathar's Guide to Everything comes out this week (November 10th) for some stores (and a couple of weeks later, on November 21st, elsewhere - check with your local game store!) The book has been showing up in the wild - several bloggers and live streamers have received copies and are posting initial thoughts and reviews, and it has shown up at GameHole Con. Photos courtesy of Dave Rosser.

Xanathar's Guide to Everything comes out this week (November 10th) for some stores (and a couple of weeks later, on November 21st, elsewhere - check with your local game store!) The book has been showing up in the wild - several bloggers and live streamers have received copies and are posting initial thoughts and reviews, and it has shown up at GameHole Con. Photos courtesy of Dave Rosser.

xg5.jpg
xg4.jpg
xg3.jpg
xg2.jpg
xg1.jpg

You can also pre-order it at Fantasy Grounds for it's November 10th release. They've posted some awesome previews/screenshots. Here's one, but click through for the rest! Also, FG is offering a free copy to a lucky winner in this giveaway.

XanatharFour.jpg

Mike Adkins on Twitter has his copy, signed by some of WotC's employees.

As has the similarly named Michael Atkins!

It looks like Melvin Smif has the first review up. He says that "this is the first book I would claim as a “must have” for everyone who enjoys playing Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition".

And NewbieDM on Twitter has a review copy and his sharing his general thoughts, although not answering specific questions about the contents.

Purple Pawn has a couple of copies and is giving one away for free. Leave a comment on his blog post, and you might get picked at random.

Incorrect: GG Rockingham has 6 limited editions available for purchase come this Saturday. You may wish to contact them to reserve a copy.

Interesting, I went into one of the good game stores when it was announced and asked if they were getting it and they said no. I will certainly make another call then, while I want consistency in my 5e books the limited edition cover is too nice to pass up (I wish I could get all of the books in limited edition covers tbh, not a huge fan of the black with red flair spine design)

PrinceSpyder

First Post
Have the Ancestral Barbarian's mechanics changed from the UA at all? I'd imagine the 3rd and 10th level ability to be the same, but what about the 6th and 14th? Any changes?

Aldarc

Legend
Bummer. Thanks for the quick response!
Don't see how it could have made the cut since it required that the Warlock take the Fiend patron, which was the only patron that provided the Warlock access to the fireball spell. I recall that feedback on the UA Warlock invocations were against patron-specific requirements.

Mendon

First Post
Don't see how it could have made the cut since it required that the Warlock take the Fiend patron, which was the only patron that provided the Warlock access to the fireball spell. I recall that feedback on the UA Warlock invocations were against patron-specific requirements.

It was in the "revised class options" UA after they removed the patron requirements (https://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/June5UA_RevisedClassOptv1.pdf). But yeah, didn't make the cut - guess they wanted to keep that trick to multi-classed sorcerers, which is fine. :)

rfkannen

Villager
Congratulations on getting the book!

if you don't mind me asking, is there anything in the book that wasn't what you expected?

A Healing Spirit can provide healing once to each creature it effects each round.

wait really? that seems... really powerful.

so this isn't missing any lines?
Healing Spirit 2nd-level conjuration Casting Time: 1 bonus action Range: 60 feet Components: V, S Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute You call forth a nature spirit to soothe the wounded. The intangible spirit appears in a space that is a 5-foot cube you can see within range. The spirit looks like a transparent beast or fey (your choice). Until the spell ends, whenever you or a creature you can see moves into the spirit’s space for the first time on a turn or starts its turn there, you can cause the spirit to restore 1d6 hit points to that creature (no action required), the spirit can’t heal constructs or undead. As a bonus action on your turn, you can move the spirit up to 30 feet to a space you can see. At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 3rd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d6 for each slot level above 2nd.

wow. That is awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads

Remove ads