• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [Xanathar's Guide] What is your first PC you're gonna make?

Sacrosanct

Legend
With the guide coming out soon, what will be the first PC you want to create and play from it?

I think the Shepard druid or arcane archer. Maybe the ancestral guardian barbarian. One of those three. Once I see them in greater detail, I'm probably going to go with shepard druid.

flametitan

Explorer
Human Dungeon Master.

I'm already in the middle of a game as a PC, and have a fairly clear idea of where I want to go with him. I'll probably end up using this books as a DM more than as a player anyway, as I usually find myself preferring to DM more than play.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Probably a Dwarven Drunken Master Acolyte.

But a few of my existing characters are likely to pick up a feat or some spells first.

Well, this is just an internet message board. Saying what looks good now and changing your mind when you have the book won't make me show up to your house and take your stuff ;) Not much of an actual commitment here lol

Okay, then, but I'm holding you to that promise.

I am considering a Kensai with proficiency in Improvised Weapons (via the Tavern Brawler feat) for a sort of Jackie-Chan-Wielding-A-Sawhorse vibe...

I believe this book lets me play a Beholder, yes? Or at least the party can each play as two eyestalks? I'm going to make a multiclassed petrifier/telekinetic eyestalk.

Last edited:

Remove ads