• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Xath and Archon: Kids in the Hall

Archon

First Post
Archon's eyes begin to water as his face breaks into an enormous smile.
"This is wonderful news," Archonus says as embraces Xath.

I think that Xath being pregnant complicates the situation far more than it was with just the Archonus problem... I think that pregnancy of the PC, unless it is a random roll by the DM, is something that should be discussed with the group as it would deeply impact the group dynamic, as well as how the game is played.

At current, I think we all need to remember that we are nearing the end of the game... now is the time to make decisions focused on the conclusion of our epic saga instead of creating more conflict to resolve and explain. We have fought a good fight and have a lot to be proud of so far as the creation of a story goes, but there comes a certain time when we just need to accept our actions and enjoy the story without trying to "fix" all of the problems.

Moreover, I think we (and that includes me) tend to go overboard with the Drama... The game is hyper-complicated, which is good... but I think it would do us all some good to work out the problems that are on the table before creating even more to deal with.

Those are my thoughts - take them or leave them. :) Regardless of my opinions, Xath should do what she sees fit.

Xath

Moder-gator
This was intended to stop Archonus from going off the deep end, which I think would be far more complicated than a PC pregnancy.

AIM-54

First Post
Xath said:
This was intended to stop Archonus from going off the deep end, which I think would be far more complicated than a PC pregnancy.

We're well aware of the intentions, but as they say, good intentions pave the road to hell.

I think Liz is bang on. It's time to finish the bad guys off and stop dicking around with the drama and what each character will do REGARDLESS OF ITS IMPACT ON THE GAME.

I, for one, have no desire to dick around what we do with Archon's baby for six hours tonight. If that's what it's going to be, well, maybe I'll call it quits until we're ready to stop being dramatic and start PLAYING A GAME.

The_Universe

First Post
Xath said:
For whatever reasons yes - some of the players seemed committed to creating a certain level of suckitude. This is as valid a solution as any, save perhaps not being so committed to creating the suckitude in the first place.

Both will be complicated, but I will grant unconditionally that Xath being pregnant *makes more sense* in light of the current adventure than Archon having broken the oath.

But the thing that would have made the most sense would have been Archon simply moderating his stance. Regardless, this will work. :)

The_Universe

First Post
AIM-54 said:
We're well aware of the intentions, but as they say, good intentions pave the road to hell.

I think Liz is bang on. It's time to finish the bad guys off and stop dicking around with the drama and what each character will do REGARDLESS OF ITS IMPACT ON THE GAME.

I, for one, have no desire to dick around what we do with Archon's baby for six hours tonight. If that's what it's going to be, well, maybe I'll call it quits until we're ready to stop being dramatic and start PLAYING A GAME.

Tonight will be murderin', and a birth (Jaine's).

This all happened months ago IC, anyway - so any problems and/or decisions will already have to have been made.

AIM-54

First Post
The_Universe said:
Tonight will be murderin', and a birth (Jaine's).

This all happened months ago IC, anyway - so any problems and/or decisions will already have to have been made.

Aha. Good enough, then. :)

Archon

First Post
yes. i am committed to the creation of suckitude. That's just silly.
That kinda sucks seeing as how my character has had to defend himself through out the entire game. This last little bout of drama was inspired by the "hey, i think it's a good idea to bring in Dara plan." Things just got crazy from there.
I am not soley responsible for this crazy situation.
You want me to compromise and say something that not only seems out of character for Archonus but would be out of character for anyone who wants to call themselves human. What good parent doesn't put their kid first?
As far as having the baby constantly around, well it might come up but most of the baby time would be off camera. The battles, the missions, the times when we'd be fighting/defending, the baby would not be a part of. Archon isn't starpping this kid to his back and leaping into battle, he just wants to be a part of his childs life.
You guys are acting like Archonus has betrayed the group. Well he hasn't, but you still want to mark his flesh(more) and call him a traitor. I understand that the Oath rule could be interpeted that way but don't forget the golden rule.
"Fun first"
how fun is that for me? not much.
so my question to the group is
"How can Archonus put his child first and not be a traitor?"

I don't think that this is un-human at all... as a matter of fact, I once had a long conversation with the priest that married Kennon and I about choosing children over spouses...

Oaths, Fr. Dave said, always come before your children... as such, your sacred marriage vows should come before your children...

Remove ads