• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Xath and Archon: Kids in the Hall

The_Universe

First Post
Archon said:
but there is no "might" there is no "waying of the options." He knows that he loves the child above all things. He does not need to "think" about it.
We're clear that I'm not forcing anything on this, right? There's only one situation on the table that I currently see as an oathbreaker. ONLY that situation is a problem. All others (so far as I can currently imagine) remain open.

The_Universe

First Post
Xath said:
In a previous IC convo which I am still trying to sumup:

Xath: If it ever comes to a point where you have to choose between my life or the life of your child, I want you to choose the child.

Archonus remains silent.

Xath: Promise me?

Archonus: I cannot promise that.
Can someone reconcile that with the present?

Archon

First Post
that was said, yes. because it's a lot closer of a call when it comes to Xath. But ultimately he'd probably choose the child because Xath has already said that that is what she wants.

The_Universe

First Post
Archon said:
that was said, yes. because it's a lot closer of a call when it comes to Xath. But ultimately he'd probably choose the child because Xath has already said that that is what she wants.
*sighs* OK.

You'd better send me a gmail (or start up a thread) with how you want to reconcile this with the in-game present, then. I won't have you poofing, so something has to have changed from this moment in time to the battle in which you are currently participating.

I'm tapped for ideas. You have about 6 hours to come up (as a group) with a convincing one.

Xath

Moder-gator
Archon said:
As of now he holds all of his loyalties as equal. IF and i'm only saying "IF", he has to choose later on down the road between his child's life or the Circle's then that will be a most interesting day, because you can count on him choosing his child.

So they're equal. What's the problem?

Archon

First Post
My argument is that Archonus has not *done* anything to break the Oath, he has only *thought* of what he'd do. He has taken no *action* against the Circle.

The_Universe

First Post
Archon said:
My argument is that Archonus has not *done* anything to break the Oath, he has only *thought* of what he'd do. He has taken no *action* against the Circle.
The oath is one every bit as based on intention as it is on action. You swore that no matter what, the Circle would always be paramount. While you might not have already demonstrated all the ways that's no longer true, it's still apparently no longer the case.

For example: If Justice starts plotting to betray the circle to Tain, she's broken the oath, even if she has yet to do anything but think about it.

Xath

Moder-gator
Xath said:
"Don't go"

Archon turns back to her. "What?"

Xath takes his hand in her own. "You say your child is more important than anything in the world. That you would sacrifice anything for her, anyone, or any cause...Is that true?"

Remove ads