Xbox 360 Users?

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Yeah, that's my main worry - I have a PS2 and Xbox and since I liked the Xbox more, would generally buy dual platform games, including retro compilations for the Xbox.

However, bear in mind they are still in very early stages. Since it's basically an Xbox emulator via software, they have to tweak it for each game. They really worked on Halo & Halo 2, presumably other games will come later

TwistedBishop

First Post
On the above posts:

-There's no recall coming on the 360, it's just a rumor. Some people have gotten their games scratched to hell because they've been changing orientation of the console while a disc was spinning. This happened with the PS2 as well; it's always been a risk.

-There are issues with a small number of power adapters overheating, but that might be caused by user placement of them more than a design flaw. Still, some are bound to be truly buggy. Call 1-800-4MY-XBOX and they should replace malfunctioning equipment within a business week.

I got my 360 launch day. Had to stand in line at Walmart for 16 and a half hours to get it, which was fairly miserable, but I think it was worth it. It's a very sleek new machine with a seamlessly integrated Live service. I've been enjoying it quite a lot the past week, between playing PDZ, downloading trailers and demos, and messing around with the Live Arcade.

It's also a big damn bastard, with just a deceptive profile in the vertical position. The cords and power adapter make it feel a lot bulkier to set up than the Xbox1. (Sidenote: I fear for the Japanese reaction to all this. All that talk of making a smaller console is really out the window.) The controller redeems these flaws, imo. It's pure goodness, a perfect union of form and function.

BrooklynKnight

First Post
I keep hearing rumors that a number of places in the boondocks of upstate NY have a number of xbox360's left.

Either nobody in the area can afford them, or nobody up there wants them. If I can confirm this is true I'm gonna get up there,max out my credit cards, and sell them on ebay at 1Grand a pop :-D

Bront

The man with the probe
I did a search on the x-box 360 and came up with a lot of complaints about the blue screen of death equivilent. Any complaints on that end?

TwistedBishop

First Post
Bront said:
I did a search on the x-box 360 and came up with a lot of complaints about the blue screen of death equivilent. Any complaints on that end?

I seem to recall a couple mentions of that way back. Haven't heard anything about it recently. The big issue with the 360 seems to be overheating.

Bront

The man with the probe
TwistedBishop said:
I seem to recall a couple mentions of that way back. Haven't heard anything about it recently. The big issue with the 360 seems to be overheating.
That was a problem with the first one. I remember one employee of an electronics store say that they went through 5 display units in 3 days burning the old one out. As stated in this thread, it seems less so with the 360.

The 360 is WAY to expensive for me to even consider for the time being. I might consider the revolution if I'm looking new consol in the near future untill the Xbox comes down.

KenM

Banned
Banned
I remember reading in a few rare cases with the orginal XBOX, bugs would get into the unit though the controler ports.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Let me be the first to say it.

Why waste your time in going at all in the first place?

And yes I know, the profit margin looks great.

BrooklynKnight said:
I keep hearing rumors that a number of places in the boondocks of upstate NY have a number of xbox360's left.

Either nobody in the area can afford them, or nobody up there wants them. If I can confirm this is true I'm gonna get up there,max out my credit cards, and sell them on ebay at 1Grand a pop :-D

Bront

The man with the probe
KenM said:
I remember reading in a few rare cases with the orginal XBOX, bugs would get into the unit though the controler ports.
It took me a moment to realize you were talking about actual bugs and not software bugs.

That's possable in any system, if you aren't careful (not nessesarily the controler ports, but anywhere in general.

Remove ads