Yawning Portal's Disclaimer; Plus New Monsters

As always with D&D 5th Edition books, Tales from the Yawning Portal has a humourous disclaimer at the front. Here's a quick peek at it (courtesy of Shane Plays). Plus read on for the list of new monsters in the book!

As always with D&D 5th Edition books, Tales from the Yawning Portal has a humourous disclaimer at the front. Here's a quick peek at it (courtesy of Shane Plays). Plus read on for the list of new monsters in the book!

DSC06258-1200x675.jpg

C7pNrHJXQAE3hZQ.jpg

Additionally, as an added bonus, CAFRedblade over on the Yawning Portal art direction thread, posted the Appendix B monster list:
Animated Table
Barghest
Centaur Mummy
Champion
Choker
Conjurer
Deathlok Wight
Dread Warrior
Duergar Spy
Enchanter
Evoker
Giant Crayfish
Giant Ice Toad
Giant Lightning Eel
Giant Skeleton
Giant Subterranean Lizard
Greater Zombie
Illusionist
Kalka-Kylia
Kelpie
Leucrotta
Malformed Kraken
Martial Arts Adept
Nereid
Necromancer
Ooze Master
Sea Lion
Sharwyn Hucrele
Sir Braford
Siren
Tarul Var
Tecuziztecatl
Thayan Apprentice
Thayan Warrior
Thorn Slinger
Transmuter
Vampiric Mist
White Maw
and
Yusdrayl

SaveSave

Motorskills

Explorer
The Sunless Citadel - 22 pages
The Forge of Fury - 26 pages
The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan - 34 pages
White Plume Mountain - 14 pages
Dead in Thay - 54 pages
Against the Giants - 46 pages
Tomb of Horrors - 17 pages

In terms of time units, does the page count mostly match (i.e. that Dead in Thay will take four times as long as White Plume Mountain)?

If not, which are the longer(est) and shorter(est) adventures.

painted_klown

First Post
Here's the million dollar question though...did they leave ToH as deadly as ever, or is it watered own for today's audiences?

Inquiring minds want to know! :D

pukunui

Legend
Here's the million dollar question though...did they leave ToH as deadly as ever, or is it watered own for today's audiences?

Inquiring minds want to know! :D
Jeremy says in the video that they didn't really change anything for any of the adventures. That being said, given how hard it is to kill a PC in 5e, especially a high level one, it may not be as deadly as it was before.

Also:

View attachment 82694

pukunui

Legend
Looks like the Book Depository's finally lost the plot. They're asking NZ$101.77 (US$71.60) for Tales from the Yawning Portal! Talk about price gouging. I might have to order from Amazon instead for once. (Usually the added shipping from Amazon makes the Book Depository's prices cheaper but definitely not this time ... With the current pre-order price, buying it from Amazon, with shipping, will only come to about NZ$70 for me.)

gyor

Legend
I'm curious about the Neried and the Siren's stats and the Ooze Master, the rest of the book doesn't interest me, but I'm happy for those who will enjoy this!

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Daddy
Decided to splurge and pick up the limited edition REAS yawning portal t-shirt and D&D mug, finally, Ive been wanting this mug since I saw Chris Perkins delicate mouth sipping from it.

Anyone else did the Meltdown Shopping Network livestream??

Mad_Jack

Legend
Yes! The return of the Giant Crayfish!!!! :D:D:D

I have loved those things since 1st Ed... Or was it BECMI that had one in a module? I only remember that I got epically curb-stomped by one somewhere, lol.

Remove ads

Remove ads