• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(YBA) Cait Sith through the Valley of Death (Pt. 3)

Wicht

Hero
We'll do it your way then," says Cait Sith, slightly upset that he was unable to converse a bit with the men.

With a flick of his wirst, Cait promptly turns invisible, just long enough to move close to the man with the sphere and attack.

at the man with the sphere: The invisible fox severs the tower; waves away the blood of the ledge for it brilliantly absorbs the pain of the sands!

Cait Sith
Total Hits: 10
Natural Hits: 7

Experience: 0.5
Saved Experience: .5
Yen: 7

Equipment:
Leather Armor, Shield, Lizard Cloak;
Emerald Sword (+4 Sword, +2 Emerald, Unholy Strike)
Envenomed Scythe (+1 to scythe, spider, scorpion)
Fiery Spear (+1 fiery, +1 spear)
dagger, Staff, Kama, Hammer

Salvaged: Spear, 3 daggers
Power:
Fated,
Dirty Trick,
Shove
Perfect Master of the Invisible Fox
Master of the Lightning
Student of the Volcano

Last edited:

tleilaxu

First Post
Earth Elemental
CR: 13
Hits: 15
Yen Factor: 1

Toughness (x2)
Perfect Master of the Sad Fist
Perfect master of the Sad Hammer
Chi Strike
Shove (x3)
Dirty Trick
Chair Shot
Fated
Master of the Void

Drunken Guard (2)
CR: 5
Master of the Sly Whip
Drunken Master
Dirty Trick

Eq.
Whip +1 (each)
1 bottle wine (each)
1 horn

As Cait turns to attack the Drunken Guard with the sphere, he falls down and goes into a convulsion and Cait looks at him in horror. Dirty Trick!

Meanwhile, the second Guard drags a horn out of his pack and begins to blow it wildly.

Following the command of the first guard, the Elemental attacks.
CHAIR SHOT!

Cait takes one hit.

Wicht

Hero
A dirty trick nullifies all the preceeding attacks except for shove and chair shot. But after the dirty trick is over the round is over. That should mean that the elemental has already attacked for the second round - is this right? (Looking at the opponents, it looks like I could use all the help I can get) :)

Cait absorbs the hit from the elemental, but continues to try and focus on the weaker guards. A spray of molten metal shoots from his fingertips towards the first one.

at the man with the sphere: The ki-rin dodges atop the volcano; parts the rising of the mountain!

Cait Sith
Total Hits left: 9

Last edited:

tleilaxu

First Post
The second guard continues to blow on the horn. Cait hears a responding call from the distance...

The guard with the sphere quaffs from the flask and goes into a flurry of blows!

The raven speaks higher than the cliff; conceals the thrust of the club!

The crab viciously shreds the temple; dominates the chi of the cave!

Unfortunately for the guard, Cait jumps out of the way of the first blow and the guard is left pounding against empty air...

(1 hit to the first guard who has 5 hits now b/c of drunken master)

Following this, the Elemental slowly slams his fist down towards Cait...

The Sad Fist shatters the ricefield; parries the thrust of the flower! PERFECT MASTER!

((ooc: what should be the order of play here? am i backwards? should the two guards go first, then cait, then the elemental?))

Last edited:

Wicht

Hero
I think you are backwards actually, but as you already had the elemental attack again, and the guard has used his dirty trick and can't cancel mine, I'll just post mine and then in your next post, leave out the elemental and just do the guard(s).

Cait Sith focuses again on the guard, while magically shoving the elemental away.

Shove at elemental

At guard: The tiger shatters the grotto; shields the motion of the isle! *yen*

Last edited:

tleilaxu

First Post
The first guard sways drunkenly and tosses the wine to his partner, who drops the horn and takes a swig from it.

1: The lizard bashes the atoll; conceals the speed of the insect!

2: FIST OF FURY! The chimera blasts the badlands; shreds the storm of the grass! *yen*

The mantis bows underneath the swamp; seeks underneath the drive of the isle!

Cait manages to damage the first guard for 1 hit. The second guard lands one blow on Cait for 1 hit, but misses with the second.

During the flurry of blows 2 yen have fallen out of the guard's pocket and onto the ground.

Last edited:

Wicht

Hero
Cait Sith waits to see what the guards are going to do before committing himself.

Hits Remaining: 8

Ok, I think we have all the combat thus far resolved. Proper order now should be guards, Cait, Elemental. And as it looks like I am going to get hurt pretty bad in this fight as it is, I will wait to see what the guards do. :)

tleilaxu

First Post
The first guard holds up the sphere, which begins to glow. He directs the elemental toward you again.

(defending)The manticore withers the shrine; guards against the chi of the maze! *yen*

The second guard continues to attack.

The phoenix severs the peaks; silences the chi of the bone!

Wicht

Hero
I'm back now and ready to get slaughtered.

Cait Sith mumbles a brief spell of invisiblility and then moving quickly he uses his spear to attack the first guard again.

At first guard: The invisible spear lies atop the desert; conceals the beauty of the grave! *yen*

tleilaxu

First Post
Guard takes 2 damage from Cait's spear (2 hits left)

But the second guard (5 hits left) manages to strike Cait for one hit

The elemental swings at Cait The southern cross rides through the pillars; parts the thrust of the abomination! *yen* but misses.

The first guard continues to focus on controlling the elemental

(defending)The staff bows above the ravine; conceals the drive of the mountain!

While the second guard attacks...
[color]
The trident dances before the volcano; fends off the terror of the field![/color]

Remove ads