• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(YBA) Cait Sith through the Valley of Death (Pt. 3)

Wicht

Hero
That should have been 3 hits from the invisible spear - I have the invisible modifier. First time I ever used a modifier that I actually generated too I think.

Cait Sith moves in with a leg sweep at the injured guard, hoping to finally take him out of the fight.

At first guard: The grasshopper sweeps facing the badlands; redirects the rolling of the club!

Hits Remaining: 7

tleilaxu

First Post
Cait manages to strike down the first guard and the crystal ball falls out of his hands onto the ground. When this happens the elemental immediately stops moving.

The second guard manages to hit Cait for one hit and then runs to grab the ball!

The weasel slashes the well; negates the pain of the maze and parries the aggression of the settlement!

Wicht

Hero
Cait Sith leaps, his scythe leaping out and spinning through the air. He aims for a crushing blow at the man's spine..

At guard: The scorpion crushes the badlands; dominates the kick of the fires!

Hits Remaining: 6

tleilaxu

First Post
Cait slices the guard for 3 hits. He collapses to the ground short of the ball and continues to scramble towards it, trying to stay away from Cait's attacks...

The spider dodges next to the canyon; blocks the motion of the stone!

Wicht

Hero
Sensing a chance for survival, Cait flips through the air ahead of the crawling guard and then thrust at the guard with his sword.

At guard: The sword flips underneath the dungeon; fends off the rising of the abomination!

Hits Remaining: 6

Why 3 hits from the last attack instead of 2?

tleilaxu

First Post
1 for hit, 1 for having scorpion weapon, 1 for +1

Cait strikes down the guard, the ball just out of his reach.

The earth elemental continues to stand motionless...

Wicht

Hero
Taking stock of the situation and hoping he is not about to make a huge mistake, Cait proceeds to try and destroy the ball the men were using to control the elemental with.

The ki-rin strikes the wastelands; dodges the foray of the feline!

I see where the confusion from the damage comes from - different notation styles - the +1 is the total added to the base hit in my character equipment notations. Thus if I get a scorpion style, the total damage should be 2.

tleilaxu

First Post
The whip brutalizes the badlands; defends against the touch of the abomination!

The ball seems to be made out of some incredibly hard material.

In the distance (from the direction the horn call came from), Cait can hear the sounds of men approaching. He estimates they are still a few minutes away...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads