Yedan's Troubleshooters (Eberron)

ghostcat

First Post
EDIT: The crunch is done. I'll work on the equipment and fluff. Speaking of equipment...how does the BB Code work? The one that lines everything up.

Welcome aboard Mass defect. <code> </code>, replace <> with [] All spaces in a code block are preserved plus it uses a Monospaced font. Eg.
Code:
[b]Col. 1     Col. 2[/b]
1234567890 abcdef

Without the code block
Col. 1 Col. 2
1234567890 abcdef
abcdefghij 123456

Note the proportional font, which means even with a single space things still don't line up

Hope this is clear.

Mass Defect

First Post
It was the concept I had in my head for the character. What I wanted out of him changed. He's going to trip and disarm as well as deal some damage. I think he would be slightly more useful. The paladin will be missed since it is one of my favorite classes.

Hehe I'm regretting the change a little now. How long until the opening for me to join is upon us?

Last edited:

Arrowhawk

First Post
Hehe I'm regretting the change a little now. How long until the opening for me to join is upon us?
You know...I am playing another PbP where I play a Druid. The DM originally said I could play a Ranger, but there was already a Ranger in the party when I was joining. Well, sure enough the original Ranger dropped out because he couldn't keep regular posting. Now I'm stuck playing a Druid. Is the druid powerful, is it capable? Yes (hell, Paizo took them from not being able to track to being better trackers than Rangers). But the PbP is barely fun because I'm stuck playing a class I just don't identify with.

My advice, DM willing, is play the class you're going to enjoy the most. The more you like your character, the more you'll post and take an active roll.

Let me add that so far, Kaodi's got a really good module going and he's pretty savvy with the rules and the details. In a module like this, I'm happy to be playing the character I feel I am the best at because we are being tested.

my .02

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
As soon as Arrowhawk posts what his character is doing for the night, we will probably be after that at a point where a new character could be introduced.

Kaodi

Hero
(Arrowhawk, when you went looking for ammunition that survived, did you roll to see if any had been destroyed despite missing?)

In any case, I am looking over your character now, Defect.

Other than the fact that you need an alignment, and hopefully get some sort of background in sooner rather than later (backgrounds are important in a sandbox game, after all), here is what I see:

CMB and CMD should be +3 Str, not +4.
I would appreciate it if you filled in all of your skills. If you do not wish to do so, you could alternatively erase those skills that you have no ranks in and do not think you are going to be using.
Shortbows are only 2 lbs, not 3.
Bedroll is 1 sp and weighs 5 lbs.
Belt Pouch weighs only 1/2 lbs.
3 Flasks should weigh 4.5 lbs, not 1.5.

Once you have been introduced, I trust you to keep an account of the minor details, like expenses to be paid and all that. A couple of the others have opted to just go for the 10/gp a month handwaving method suggested in the rules.

Arrowhawk

First Post
I did not roll for the arrows, I thought you might prefer to do that as the DM, plus it would mean less clutter on the forums. I put in an OOC inquiry if you wanted to roll, so when you didn't respond to it, I figured they weren't broken and I could pick them up. Easy enough to change pending the outcome of actual rolls.

Kaodi

Hero
I will add it to my last post in the game thread. I think only one of your arrows hit, right?

In any case, Mass Defect, now would be the time to get that character finished. I may be introducing you in the next post or two.

Remove ads