• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

You Bastard! "A New Begining?!"[Players and Intrest Wanted!] [Feedback Requested!]

Phoenix8008

First Post
A demo! Sounds fun! Since I don't remember all the possible styles anymore, when we make up characters I'll just gen two random moves each and those will be the signature styles our people know.

I assume we should start with full on insults and everything as well for the judge to consider? ;)

I'll try to work them up tonight or tomorrow and post our starting stuff. Maybe you can post a 'Masters decree' before then?

Rathan

First Post
Gomez..... just wanted to extend a thankyou for your intrest..... everyone is welcome even though nothing is set in permanant stone thusfar..... welcome aboard.... if you have any suggestions on how things should go after you see how things are going to work.... please feel free to shout them out.. I ment what I said any and all suggestions will be taken into consideration.....

Phoenix.... yea.. I will post the Masters Decree here in just a few..... the genning og the sig styles is fine for this little demo it's what I assumed you'd do anyways :)

-Rathan

Rathan

First Post
As the winds channel over the the vast openess of the prairie... a lone man stands on a slightly raised patch of land... he is clad in loose gray robes with a long, ominious, hood covering the entirity of his face..... a long gnarled staff in one hand which the end rests softly in the grass at his feet.... the other arm outstretched and finger pointing to a small dirt patch a few meters away..... slowly his chest rises under the loose clothing as he takes a long breath and begins to speak....

"The ancient masters have decreed this match to take place at the prairie north-west of the Dragon's Crater on the day of the grasshopper." the figure would boast as he awaited the combatants to arrive....

[sblock=OOC]At This Point the two combatants will introduce themselves into the battle... with flavor text and rp.... as well as generate an insult.... insults are then weighed by the judge and whichever the judge desides stings the most will win the rights to choose what type of fight they will enter into and how many flags it will take to win the battle... (The rules for what type of matches can be picked and how flags work are posted in a post above... take a look if you haven't played the game before or need a refresher...) [/sblock]

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
Hey!
Oh man, YB! was darn nice when I first stumbled on it. I vaguely remember Phoenix, and Rathan with his rambling style posts ;)

If you'll be rebuilding/reconfiguring the rules, I'd be glad to help.

Rathan

First Post
Again nice to see another familiar face Dalamar... and yes.. I am rebuilding.... or should I say underbuilding the rules for another push at a chance to resurect this favorite game of mine..... as you can see by some of the posts above I've got a basic skeleton above that I wish to base things off of.... if you see anything.... weather it be something from the generator page where the old rules are.. or from the new ones I've just randomly spit out so far that you'd like to change or add in... let me know I've said it many times now.. any and all suggestions and comments are greatly welcomed....

Festy_Dog

First Post
Hmm, YB brings back the memories. I wouldn't mind getting onboard once again. I could also give Kalanyr a prod to see if it still interests him.

Rathan

First Post
hey Festy! wow..... part of my night crew... god what times... we had sooo much fun together both on the threads and on irc..... memories indeed.... welcome aboard again then.. it's good to see you once again.... check out the thread and stuff and feel free to offer suggestions and comments :)

-Rathan

P.S. PLEASE do contact Kal for me Festy.... I tried emailing him through here but got no responce.. I'd love to see him here once again....

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Beside the gray robed judge, a flash of flame and burst of smoke explodes up from the ground. Stepping forward from the cloud is a tall muscular man covered in tribal tattoos over his battle scarred skin. He drops his red cloak to the ground leaving a wide leather belt and breeches covering his legs down to the fur topped leather boots he wears upon his feet. His head is bald and his fiery red goatee parts as his mouth opens and he speaks in a deep voice to the judge.

"I have been summoned here to battle a fiend from another land. He who thinks his laws can bind all and encompass all. Little does he understand that the more you attempt to cage the beast inside, the stronger it does become. I will teach him the pain of his folly in battle."

Shouting upward to the heavens like an invocation to summon his foe, Korax the Mighty spews forth his insult and challenge...

"I find your niece to be ape-like, your stable to be drab, and your experience to be callused. You Bastard!"

OOC: Sig styles that I got randomly from the generator (with my son watching mine and me watching his, so no fishing here!) were Chimera, and.....get this- PHOENIX!!! HA HA HA! For a visual, think of Kratos (from the God of War games) with a goatee and robe/cloak that he wears when not in battle. He is a tribal shaman who channels the power of the Path of Chaos with his magic to do battle. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
The smoke robed judge would point the fighters position out on the large crater like patch of dirt and waited for his opponent to show him or her self.... small yellow orbs would shine bright as the wind moved the hood about the judges head... he watched the man set forth his insult to his oppoent and again leaned on his staff and waited for Korax's opponent to appear and give his own....

[sblock=OOC] heh... nice Phoenix... now we wait for his opponent to arrive and give a bit of flavor text and set his insult before I judge on who's sounds more biting and award the winner the choice of match and number of flags.......[/sblock]

GDI7007

First Post
Trudging through the light grasses, a man with ripping muscles and clunky armour strides confidently forward to meet the challenge.
"I am Orillion. From the lands far west I have come to meet this challenge and bring order to the hallowed grounds in which you tread..."

"I find your son to be insidious, your school to be cursed, and your judo to be child-like. You Bastard!"

[sblock=OOC]Path of Law with staff and sword signature styles[/sblock]

Attachments

• DS__Human_Male_colored_by_willowWISP.jpg
    DS__Human_Male_colored_by_willowWISP.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 50

Remove ads