You can tell when it's game night...

HeapThaumaturgist

First Post
The mini-fridge in the game room is usually filled with beer. I've discovered that Bud and Bud Light give me a headache for some whacked out reason (probably too much partying in college) so I'm usually drinking Diet Something-something Dr. Pepper. Lately it's the cherry-vanilla diet dr. pepper.

Sometimes I'll bring some Rolling Rock, sometimes somebody will bring Miller Light. I can drink Miller.

--fje

WizarDru

Adventurer
Smaug said:
Wow, what a great stocked fridge! I wish my group had that but they all tend to like Mounatin Dew and that's it. :p

It was an x-mas gift from my players to my wife and I. Saves a lot of travelling up and down to get drinks, too. :)

heapthamaturgist said:
The mini-fridge in the game room is usually filled with beer. I've discovered that Bud and Bud Light give me a headache for some whacked out reason (probably too much partying in college) so I'm usually drinking Diet Something-something Dr. Pepper. Lately it's the cherry-vanilla diet dr. pepper.

Sometimes I'll bring some Rolling Rock, sometimes somebody will bring Miller Light. I can drink Miller.

I thought you said something about BEER. Bud? Miller? Blasphemy, sir. ;)

WampusCat43 said:

I have been humbled. Great googly moogly!

Players bring their own viddles and drinks. I want to set up the old college fridge but I know I will restock it and only me while everyone takes from it (the kids especially).

Drinks consist of Diet Pepsi or Diet Dew for me (diabetic) and the others drink beer in the summer and energy drinks otherwise. Chips are common along with fruit cups. The store down the road from us does good business every other weekend from us as sandwiches and sometimes soups are brought.

Sometimes if there is an awesome sale, I'll surprise the group with pizza or a Bar-B-Q (burgers / dogs only). It has been a long time since I did that however.

Wik

First Post
jollyninja said:
I have to empty mine, everyone brings their own beverages and snacks to mine, nobody seems to agree which cola is the best for game night and one of my players is diabetic, taking a good number of the preffered snack types completely off his menu. carrot sticks at the gaming table? eew. pass the chips and cookies.

Well, I'm the diabetic GM. I don't know what type of diabetic your player is, but I have no problem quaffing down various sugary foods - in small amounts.

Usually,when we game, I have a microwaved dinner, one of those swanson meat pies (and the rest of the group makes fun of me for being the oldest 23-year old in the world), and some cheezies or something. I usually pick up a big thing of timbit donuts for the group - and sneak a few for myself.

When we game at my place, we have my bar fridge filled up with diet coke (for yours truly), a few beers, and coke. If a player wanted to bring pepsi.... it's not going into the fridge. NO PEPSI ALLOWED.

(yes, that's a serious rule)

Mycanid

First Post
WampusCat43 said:

Whoa. :uhoh:

But how would you put that in your house?

Nonetheless I totally second the chips. Gotta have chips.

And by the way Wik - don't feel strange: no pepsi allowed was one of those unwritten rules with my gaming group back in upstate New York too. ;)

Goblyns Hoard

First Post
WizarDru said:
The beers are Troegs and Yuenglings, in case anyone was wondering.

What is this Troegs of which you speak? I know Yuenglings - it seems reasonable common in the US - at least enough that it's one I've found in different places... but I've never even heard of Troegs... local PA microbrewery?

Sorry if this is a thread hjack - just a beer nut in search of the next thing to look out for :D

WizarDru

Adventurer
Goblyns Hoard said:
What is this Troegs of which you speak? I know Yuenglings - it seems reasonable common in the US - at least enough that it's one I've found in different places... but I've never even heard of Troegs... local PA microbrewery?

Sorry if this is a thread hjack - just a beer nut in search of the next thing to look out for :D

Well, Yuengling is a local brand that's gone national in recent years. Their biggest claim to fame is that they have the United States' oldest continual operating brewery. Long a family-run business, they've grown to be pretty big. Troegs, as you've correctly guessed, is another PA beer, this time from Harrisburg.

The third kind of beer present that I didn't mention was from Weyerbacher, yet another PA mini-brew company (of which we have many). I'm quite fond of their Merrie Monks Ale. Old Heathen is a great name for a beer, though.

When I want to go all out, of course, I go with Chimay . That's just how I roll. :D

Bardsandsages

First Post
I use to stock up on stuff for game night, but I have too many friends with wierd allergies. One allergic to peanuts. One allergic to citrus products. And on and on. So now everyone brings there own...and a sacrifice for me. Usually in the form of something chocolatey.

And besides, as DM, they have the priveledge of me trying to kill them. Why should I have to feed them too?

Remove ads