you have 60 seconds to grab whatever you can around you before you are instantly teleported back in time 1,000 years, what would you grab?

BookTenTiger

He / Him
Right now I'm in coastal California so I'd be living among the Miwok people. I wouldn't have to worry too much about the weather getting too cold or hot. There'd be plenty of food to forage from the ocean, streams, and hills. So I'd probably grab some things that would be worth trading, like metal kitchen knives, scissors, blankets and jackets...

Oh and my dice. I figure I can make a D&D group anywhere.

Ryujin

Legend
In 60 seconds I couldn't get everything that I want (no guns from the safe, for example) but I've got a gambeson, gloves, and hats, a 45# recurve bow and a quiver of 18 field pointed carbon arrows, a spear, and a couple of knives in that time. Might also be able to manage a military water bottle, as well, but in Southern Ontario fresh water would be among my least worries. Sadly no flint & steel, but might be able to find flint. Could make a bow drill, myself, if necessary, as long as I have a knife.

Dioltach

Legend
Northwest Europe around the turn of the first millennium? Probably something to confound 21st century archaeologists. At least I'd be able to derive some pleasure from that while I'm being slaughtered.

Actually, a face mask might be useful. I'd hate to carry my post-Covid germs back to an unprotected past.

Remove ads