you have 60 seconds to grab whatever you can around you before you are instantly teleported back in time 1,000 years, what would you grab?

ichabod

Legned
My fire bag, which has emergency supplies and three days worth of clothes, my boots, jacket, my emergency stash of toilet paper, and something else I'm not talking about.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
nothing in my house would be of use in the long term. Maybe my backpack with clothes, except it's out in the shed so there goes 60s

GreyLord

Legend
I have a bunch of gamebooks in a plastic case for easy travel, a D&D travel bag so some D&D books (4th edition though), and my survival knife. If I had time left I'd get a second knife (throwing knife with paracord around one end), and the winter pack with winter gear.

DammitVictor

Trust the Fungus
Supporter
Three week supply of medication, no wheelchair, Wyoming winter in my bathrobe and slippers?

Sure. I grab my cellphone, my tablet, and my friend's Steam Deck, and my pistol case. I take the pistol out of the case and I put the electronics in it so that they have a better chance of surviving to really screw with some anthropologists in a few centuries.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I am going back to pre-Columbian Massachusetts. If I recall correctly, there are plenty of other humans around at least, though I don't speak their language.

60 seconds is a very short time. From where I sit right now, within 10 I have my spare glasses, pocketknife, and a toolbox. I probably sprint downstairs to get as many other hand-tools as I can. Saws and cutting implements get priority.

Remove ads