• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Your Most Fun Item

ThaDium

First Post
So, I handed out some fun armor yesterday. It started as Elven Chain of slipperiness. Then I started connecting the slipperiness to oil (motor oil, really) and that got me thinking about how gross it would be to bite oily metal, which lead me to swallow whole. The result:

+1 Elven Chain of slipperiness.

If bitten, opponent must make DC 20 Fort save or become nauseated for 1 round.

If swallowed whole, 50% chance per round to be vomited back up. If others are also in the stomach, they are vomited up in reverse order of being eaten, 1 per round, for the time it takes to get wearer out of stomach, plus 1d4 rounds.

What are your most fun items?

Gfreak2x9

Explorer
I once received a coin that once a day I could flip in an attempt to open a small room of extra dimensional space. If I called what it landed on any item I was touching would be transported to the room with me. This was super useful while playing a rouge! I stole a cannon and no one was the wiser! I snuck into a fort undetected, put my hand on a cannon, flipped my coin and poof! Gone without a single trace. The next day the townsfolk where so confused! XD I however was trying to decide rather to keep the cannon for an emergency when one was needed or sell it in another city!

PBEM66

First Post
My favorite was a +2 spear with the personality of a barbarian. Named "ELMer", the spear was terrified when thrown, screaming all the while, and had the ability to insult others it thought were too 'girly', especially wizards (like the one that stole his spirit and put it in a spear). ELMer likes to watch his owner fight (or perhaps he simply likes fighting), and is known to use insults to start tavern brawls. Twice per day, ELMer can cast "Shocking Grasp" at 12th level upon a successful hit (or upon the wielder should he/she try to flee a fight).

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
I am disproportionately fond of your old fashioned ring of feather fall. Really, I keep finding new uses for it.

howandwhy99

Adventurer
Programmable Illusion in a water clock. A fun little toy that is probably too heavy to carry around for adventuring, but not bad as part of a home base or in an extra-dimensional space. This is a big, brass bar structure with gold chimes and water-filled, blown glass vessels with a clock face on the front. It shows the reasonably exact time as long as it remains upright and is maintained once per month. Also, on the hour every hour when the clock chimes (or a person moves the hands to the hour position) it projects the image of doddering old manservant in fine linens holding up a lamp to light the area. He then proclaims the time at different volumes (depending on the time), gives a bow, and asks a different question depending upon the hour. Everything from "Would you care for some tea?", "It's time to wake up", to "No one should be awake at this hour". And then provides an appropriate effect like conjuring tea, blaring a horn, cuffing anyone prowling nearby.

Celebrim

Legend
I haven't been a player often and I've never been much for quirky, but one of my PC's had a +3 short sword, +6 vs. shapechangers, that could detect magic 3 times daily, and had a peripat of proof against poison built into the hilt that protected you when the sword was held or worn. I always thought that was just a cool item.

As DM, I've had lots but I'm really fond right now of 'First Blood', a +2 sentient keen eager rapier of swiftness (a very very eager sword indeed) whose full list of traits I'm not at liberty disclose right now, but which includes expeditious retre... err 'assault' 3 times per day, and the sword attempting to force its owner to coup de grace any blooded foe.

PBEM66

First Post
Programmable Illusion in a water clock. A fun little toy that is probably too heavy to carry around for adventuring, but not bad as part of a home base or in an extra-dimensional space. This is a big, brass bar structure with gold chimes and water-filled, blown glass vessels with a clock face on the front. It shows the reasonably exact time as long as it remains upright and is maintained once per month. Also, on the hour every hour when the clock chimes (or a person moves the hands to the hour position) it projects the image of doddering old manservant in fine linens holding up a lamp to light the area. He then proclaims the time at different volumes (depending on the time), gives a bow, and asks a different question depending upon the hour. Everything from "Would you care for some tea?", "It's time to wake up", to "No one should be awake at this hour". And then provides an appropriate effect like conjuring tea, blaring a horn, cuffing anyone prowling nearby.

Love this!

roundviper

First Post
I love the rod of wonder! It can be funny and helpful at the same time! There was a time I accidently killed a orc when he tried to bite me and I hit the button and a whirlwind exploded in his mouth.

Rakusia

First Post
schrodingers bag. much like a bag of holding but with a major difference. whenever you put your hand in you have a 50% chance to pull something useful 50% chance to pull out something not useful and 50% chance to pull out a cat(either alive, dead, or zombie)

Remove ads