Yttermayn's "Saga of the Dragon Cult" (IC) 2

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: So what you're saying is that we don't know that they know that we know that they know? And not all of us know, either.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
John casts a spell (Mage armor), but does so with grok between he and the kobolds. once doe he quietly says to Rodrick, " I only have 2 spells that will reach them. the good thing is that they speak the language of dragons, and so do I."

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: I'm thinking that all the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't keep Roderick from being one of those in the front rank. Unlike Grok, who is most comfortable safely ensconced in the soft, gooey middle of the party.

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: Scrag is also in front, and he attempts to bluff and... oh, I made a decent roll at -4 on the check.

IC: Scrag will continue to move forward until he thinks the jig is up. He's dumb, not unwise. When he gets within range to move and engage in the same melee round is when he'll switch tactics. When the jig is indeed up, or when he is in range he will give a mighty roar of "SCRRRRAAAAAAAAG!" and move to attack, axe held high.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Tuk tries to emulate the troll. He's smart, not wise, and compensates by knowing when to follow and when to lead. He has superior reach though, so he can stay a little back, in case some arrows fly.

Yttermayn

First Post
OOC: I'm thinking that all the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't keep Roderick from being one of those in the front rank. Unlike Grok, who is most comfortable safely ensconced in the soft, gooey middle of the party.

ooc: I think you are right. Also, you made me chuckle in my soft, gooey middle. +100xp Also, even at a -1, the kobolds rolled a good sense motive check. Roderic's roll will be irrelevant anyways.

At least one of the creatures above was paying attention, because their stance suddenly becomes aggressive and weapons are readied.

OOC: Roll initiative! This is a simple corridor battle, with at most two medium sized creatures being able to fight side by side against two other medium sized opponents. These kobolds are a little bigger and burlier than other kobolds encountered so far, and for purposes of this fight will count as medium. I am assuming Scrag and Roderic are in front, with Tuk just behind using his reach weapon. Rose can shoot into melee with the normal -4 penalty once combatants close. What are the rest of ya doing? Any objections to how I'm interpreting the line order?

Remove ads